Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 1:43:23 PM EDT
Currently, I'm running a Trijicon TA31 ACOG on an A2 Bushmaster.

During 3-Gun matches,  I've noticed that my shot placement inside 25 yards suffers from too much magnification and I can't see to improvise a method to accurately point shoot.

What do you guys think of the idea of mounting a Jpoint or Doctor Optic to a GG&G SLiC sight rail?

I figure that with close targets in the 3-Gun, I can rotate my AR to the 3 o'clock position and fire from that position more accurately than using the "Force".

Plan B would be to use a laser, but I'm not really wild on that idea.

I'm not married to the Jpoint idea, so all thoughts and suggestions gratefully received.

-Frank
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#1]
An EOTech would fit the bill, but it might be a little heavy to mount both on the rifle.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
jpoint on the ta31
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
For 3-Gun Competition, you need the JP short range:
http://www.jprifles.com/DetachableSights.html
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:42:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Depending on the class that you're competing in.  Most 'tactical' or limited class only allows one optic device on your rifle, if you're in 'open' class, then just about anything goes.  For tactical or limited class, the Trijicon TR21 1.25-4x is hard to beat with its variable power.  If you choose to go with the JP tactical iron sight as a secondary, be sure to practice with proper cheek weld because I've seen good shooters tanking a short range stage due to in-consistent cheek weld = missing shots.  Good shooting.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:55:38 AM EDT
[#5]
the ior 1.1-4 is nice too
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top