Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2007 5:05:46 AM EDT
I have narrowed my choice between the MI replacement quad rail, or the MI freefloat style, or the Surefire quad system.  Of course if I find a good deal on the Troy free float I would go that route.  I am stumped, I just can't seem to decide which is the best way to go.  I apologize since this has been beat to death I'm shure.  Im guessing I will get the "personal preference" answer as well.  Anyway thanks for all the help guys.  TXPO
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:23:49 AM EDT
[#1]
You're right. It depends on your preference & most importantly, what your mission requirements dictate. If you want no stress on your barrel & the ability to mount an optic across the gap or further forward so that you will have as little shift in POI as possible or return to zero, then go the FF route. If you want a nice rail system to mount your VG, bipod or light then the MI #17 is the best bang for the buck IMO. The latter also allows you to easily remove the rails should you need to clean or inspect the barrel under the handguards. I don't need a FF system so I stick with KAC RAS & MI #17's for my needs & I retain the ability to swap out the rails for whatever reason should I need to.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#2]
ok I have a new syste, I have been made aware of.  I recently saw the DD omega system.  Looks like a first class deal to me.  I was wondering if anyone is or has used this system, and any pics would be nice.  thanks.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#3]
OK I have answered my own question.  I just placed my order for the DD omega rails.  They seem to fit the bill for what I am looking for.  They will be going on a RRA entry tactical, my SRT rifle.  I have an oetech on order, and scout light for the front.  I will post some pics of the setup when it arrives.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top