Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 12:01:46 PM EDT
In the pic below, what length/model rail, and what length barrel+kx3 is used to look like that.  I love how the kx3 is half concealed in the rail.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like a 10.3 daniel barrel with a 12 in. DD M4 rail
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
looks heavy.  I don't understand why people make SBRs and then weigh them down so much.  that thing probably weighs in the neighborhood of 9lbs.

but on to your question... what he said ^
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
looks heavy.  I don't understand why people make SBRs and then weigh them down so much.  that thing probably weighs in the neighborhood of 9lbs.

The stock and redi mag are a little over the top but being able to add optics and accessories like lights to what was once a Colt Commando are worth their weight.  The KX3 is another symptom of the tradeoff between the usefulness of a short rifle and the price you have to pay (blast).
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stock and redi mag are a little over the top but being able to add optics and accessories like lights to what was once a Colt Commando are worth their weight.  The KX3 is another symptom of the tradeoff between the usefulness of a short rifle and the price you have to pay (blast).

I personally would not opt for a UBR or redi-mags, I was more interested in the rail and barrel length + the kx3 to look like the above.  I wonder if Noveske could whip up something like the above pic.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
If you can get them to put a Daniel Defense rail on, sure they can.  They run Troy TRX too, so perhaps a call to NRW is worth it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:46:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Since Stickman took the picture, you should ask him.

Didn't know since he took the picture if he knew what hardware was installed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I would lay money that he does.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#9]
that is  a dd m4 rail.  Only a couple of rails will allow a KX3 to be shrouded.   DD M4 and troy TRX are the ones I know of.   12" rail on this one. I think its a 10.5 inch barrel.  I have a noveske 10.5 with a KX3 and a 10 inch lite rail.   Measured.. if it was 2 inches longer it would be about the same as pictured here.... if it fit over it ov course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top