Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 7:41:52 AM EDT
I came across some 30 round AR15/m16 Magazines and I was curious if these were normal and if anybody might have any idea what kind these are. These mags are the black plastic kind but there are absolutely no markings on the magazines whatsoever. Is it normal to find AR15 mags that have no markings on them at all?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#1]
probably Thermolds

Look thru the AR Magazine Forum or the Equipment Exchange/Magazines Forum and you will likely find pictures of them (I've heard them called waffle-mags)

If they are.........

They are fine, but generally considered a notch below the Colt, OK's, and other USGI standard mags

Check this out....Click here

and then this click here

considered the definitive magazine reference around here
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Tacked to the top of the Magazine Forum is a Mag Faq which will help ya out........

I'm guessing your looking at Orlite mags, formerly used by the Israeli military, as the Thermolds have ribs around the bottom, ya didn't mention and H21 and H22 stamped on 'em if their newer, but either way the mag faq will get ya up to speed....

Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top