Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2003 11:56:00 PM EDT
My gunsmith is moving :(

No more calling at 3:20 in the afternoon saying "Frank, I need to know how to put this back togehter" and getting free advice.

I bought a Rock River AR from him today. But I'm not sure about a couple things. I got a good price on it (I wont say in fear of getting shot at. Yes, it was that good.) and I've learned some things from talking to shooting buds/people at the gun store, but I still have questions.

Questions:
Do Rock River pre ban Lowers exist?

How do I check the barrel? I'm told I've got a Wilson air gauge match barrel. Its a 20" one.

How's the legality of this weapon? It has a bayonet lug and a muzzle brake. Standard stock and the hollow AR grip.

How's the customer service at RRA? As in if I call them and give them the serial number, how fast should it take them to find the date of MFR and the model?

TIA!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:39:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I would say it's a parts gun as RRA would not sell a post ban gun with bayonet lug and flash hider without the LEonly markings. No there were never any preban Rock River guns.

So send the upper off and get a muzzle comp welded onto it and cut the bayonet lug off with a dremel tool and you will be good to go.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 12:30:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I would say it's a parts gun as RRA would not sell a post ban gun with bayonet lug and flash hider without the LEonly markings. No there were never any preban Rock River guns.

So send the upper off and get a muzzle comp welded onto it and cut the bayonet lug off with a dremel tool and you will be good to go.
View Quote

Cool, thanks.

A call to RRA confirmed it's a post ban lower. Standard AR lower.

The upper has NO MARKINGS ON IT. Triangular steel molding under the sights for the barrel shrouds.

20" heavy barrel - unmarked.

Anyone know how you can tell who made an upper with no stamps?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top