Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2003 10:42:26 AM EDT
I want to get a model 1 ar15 are the front sights easyaly remavable? I want to ad a scope.

------------------
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would you want to remove your front sights?  There are several ways to mount optics without removing your iron sights.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I want to get an a3 model and use a scope but i also want to use the iron sights. If i dont remove the front sight it will get in the way. I want a more powerful scope not the type you put on top of carry hadles.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.--- Everbody knows god is a republican.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Hello,

I bought a RRA A4 with a removeable front sight for the same purpose as you.  The front sight simple comes off with the turn of a screw.  But, if your scope is 4X or higher the front sight is only a faint blur if you even notice it at all.  It does not interfere at all with the scope.

Happy Shooting....

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
You would probably want to mount the scope on risers to get the proper cheek weld, that would get it above the front sight.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#5]
That helps, thanks.

===============================
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
[50]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]
That helps, thanks.

===============================
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
[50]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top