Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2015 9:45:14 PM EST
Have a question I got a radical firearms 300 BO with a 16" barrel pistol gas barrel and took it out. It worked great no issues and at 50 yards was accurate. But I noticed that the brass had been flattened on one side from ejection. I'm thinking it may be a over gassed the rounds were Rem 125 OTM. Is there a heavy rifle buffer that might cure this or is an adjustable gas block my only option? I went with the pistol gas for more reliability with sub sonic loads, have yet to test it with subs. So I dont know if its going to be an issue with the subs. Lower is an Anderson arms I built with a magpul moe rifle stock. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:48:51 PM EST
Can you put up a picture? I'm not sure what you mean by flattened.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:12:31 PM EST
The case mouth is flat on one side after all this time I still dont know how to post pics but I'll see what I can do
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:19:26 PM EST
It's probably not over gassed, that's just from hitting the case deflector, which is a sign of normal operation.

On a 5.56, they usually hit the deflector about 1/3 of the way between the shoulder and base, so on a Blackout, it's going to hit right on the case mouth.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:33:25 PM EST
Ok thanks..... yea the case is smacking the deflector have yet to try reload the brass....hope the expander ball will slide in so the brass isnt trashed....wondering if I glued a rubber pad or velco piece would help minimize the denting
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:41:54 PM EST
A lot of people do put a piece of velcro on the deflector.
Top Top