Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 12:10:08 PM EDT
I am considering getting my Colt Match Target Match HBAR barrel threaded. I know it is crowned...

Do you think i'll lose any accuracy by threading it? Will a 1/2x28tpi threading interfere with the crowning OR accuracy?

Or should I just look into a new barrel entirely?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Since the AWB expired I've had 2 barrels threaded.

I can't tell any difference in the accuracy at all. If the crown, or the ends of the riflings are damaged during threading that would cause problems. Like if the live center was jammed into the bore, or the end of the barrel took a hit from the tooling.

YMMV.

Mine are fine.

edit: one of them was the barrel of a MT6400C and the other a bushy.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like I shouldn't have any problem threading it without interfering with the crown at all, actually.... (used a caliper)

I don't know if a FH will affect accuracy, i doubt it.

Maybe i should consider waiting, save my money, and buy an M4 upper and a CAR stock :P
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top