Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 8:40:06 PM EDT
I'm trying to install my first Magpul M93A2.  I've already lost my takedown pin spring, so I'm off to a bad start.

I'm following the direction, but just can't seem to get the stock to line up with the receiver.  I have tried varying the shims, but can't get a combination that matches.   Anyone have any tips on how to get them to match up?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm trying to install my first Magpul M93A2.  I've already lost my takedown pin spring, so I'm off to a bad start.

I'm following the direction, but just can't seem to get the stock to line up with the receiver.  I have tried varying the shims, but can't get a combination that matches.   Anyone have any tips on how to get them to match up?

Infinite patience.  I finally got the perfect combination of shims.  It took me HOURS to get that thing right.  It's a royal PITA.........

You may have to really crank on the tube that last little turn.  

Sorry, that's about all the help I can offer, hang in there. It's worth it when it's finished.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I had to sand the shim down to make it fit took about 15 minutes to get it right but it worked out and you need three hands
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you just use one of the larger shims and sand it down or did you combine shims to get the desired length?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:20:20 AM EDT
[#4]
screw on the stock like your assembling it and get it to where it holds the buffer detent and is straight and then test fit the spacers and see which one works.

slighty thicker is fine, then install the stock with the spacers. twist the stock to get it to line up.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top