Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 8:31:12 PM EDT
Has anyone used an MI sling adapter to mount their Harris bi-pod to?  If so, how is it wroking for you so far?  i was debating if I should use this to mount my bi-pod on to or not.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Never done it but looks like it would work just fine. Very imaginative I should say!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:47:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I was looking for the same thing and was advised by an industry member to not use the MI as it was designed strictly as a sling mount.  I went with the YHM-638 which is designed as a bipod mount that will also serve as a sling mount and it is priced right.  There are other alternatives, but when looking at the various designs, the YHM impressed me most. While NOT a pro AR15.COMer, I was a design engineer, among many other things.
www.yhm.net/store/rails.html
Near the bottom of the page.
If you want to be able to attach and dettach you BP, then the LaRue is the way to go.
www.laruetactical.com/marketplace/servlet/Marketplaces?webEvent(ProductDetailAddPage,loadProduct)&productID=1900&scrollTop=336

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:19:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:38:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It won't work very well with a Harris bipod. Its too wide/not tapered and the pod sits too far off the mount because of it IMO.

That was what i said, looks like it wouldn't work very well
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input guys.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input guys.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top