Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 1:58:13 PM EDT
I was at a flea market where a guy was selling a bunch of ammo and gun stuff, got 800 rounds of .40 s&w for $35. Well I asked him if he had any .223 but he said no already sold it, but he was selling an AR15 that he has had for a while, since the early 80's. I took a look at it and was very surprised. I was made by Dalphin???? All it had for markings was Dalphin engraved in an arch with the serial number under that. It did look to be a cast upper and lower and was a basic A2 fixed carry handle carbine with a 4 position stock. Has anyone heard of these before? I thought I new of most makers but this through me for a loop.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it was Dalphon or soemthing like that. Will look it up

ETA:www.dalphon.com/
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I knew someone out there must have heard of them. Dalphin hmmm, anyone have ant experience with them? It was for a real good price.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
i have seen them in the 50AE about 6 years ago.  i would a buy one now just to have a different one.  plus my wife likes dolphins.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a production run a while back of  Dolphin AR-15's but there was a problem with the blow holes not being mil-spec.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I emailed these people a few years ago, twice.  Nobody ever got back to me.  Oh I also hate their stupid music on their site
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I emailed these people a few years ago, twice.  Nobody ever got back to me.  Oh I also hate their stupid music on their site

+1 on the music!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Dalphon Remarketed Oly pistol cal uppers in addition to their 50Ae upper... and 10MM, they also modified magazines to work in the Oly system... Great guys to deal with, they had a few problems with their own line of receivers, they also were the folks who marketed the "Stinger" branded Lowers, I got SN 0001 and SN 0002 from them Marked Multi Cal... First class on those... But very few Dalphon models out there... Unfortunately a few folks gave them a bad name and they went the way of the dodo... they have been out of business for a few years... I am amazed that their webpage is still up...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:37:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
EE ad

That's my ad.

I bought quite a few lowers in '99 from them. The first of the lowers were pretty tight fit with uppers the later bach I bought were looser/better. don't know about the rest of the parts though.

I should have another one of those lowers on the EE in the next few weeks.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:09:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone heard of Dalphin AR15's?

Would that be the Flipper 5.56?

Naw, never heard of it.

B_S
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:48:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dalphon Remarketed Oly pistol cal uppers in addition to their 50Ae upper... and 10MM, they also modified magazines to work in the Oly system... Great guys to deal with, they had a few problems with their own line of receivers, they also were the folks who marketed the "Stinger" branded Lowers, I got SN 0001 and SN 0002 from them Marked Multi Cal... First class on those... But very few Dalphon models out there... Unfortunately a few folks gave them a bad name and they went the way of the dodo... they have been out of business for a few years... I am amazed that their webpage is still up...

Are you on drugs?

Dalphon was one of the most shit- headed  companies to ever disgrace the firearm community. They make Botach look good.

"A few folks gave them a bad name."

No, they gave themselves a bad name due to poor quality work and no customer service. Just ask the BBB. Or the State Attorney Generals office. Or the ATF. Or my lawyer.

Not to mention ripping off Rumore and others ideas and calling them their own. Those ignorant motherfuckers could'nt headspace a cap and ball revolver, let alone a .50AE upper! I know this first hand.

I ask again, are you on drugs? Or do you just miss working there?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:51:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh, and have a rice day.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I had a 9mm AR built by Dalphon. It ran perfectly nice quality workmanship. I ran about 3000 some rounds through it and sold it to fund another rifle project. Their mags worked awesome well without feeding problems. I can't say I ever had any problems with them or their service but I'm just one customer out of #?????
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:35:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you on drugs?

Dalphon was one of the most shit- headed  companies to ever disgrace the firearm community. They make Botach look good.

No, they gave themselves a bad name due to poor quality work and no customer service. Just ask the BBB. Or the State Attorney Generals office. Or the ATF. Or my lawyer.

Not to mention ripping off Rumore and others ideas and calling them their own. Those ignorant motherfuckers could'nt headspace a cap and ball revolver, let alone a .50AE upper! I know this first hand.

Tell us how you really feel about them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:57:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I am in the process of buying that lower from Comp1911 and I have pretty good confidence that it will be ok. I will let you guys know what I think about it. I have a DPMS bull 20" to mate to it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:08:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:21:09 AM EDT
[#17]
i have never purchased a complete rifle from them, but i do have a lower made by them that i purchased a few years back - it is a pretty good lower for the price. so, no complaints here. again, i have no experience with the company but the lower i have is nice.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:30:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Comp1911 you are too quick. I re-read my post and then edited it because I thought it was  harsh and unwarranted and you saw it before I could change it. I am kinda embarrased because you have conducted yourself very well and I did not mean to impege (sp) your character in anyway. I apologize.  I had rather have a tight fit than a loose one. The opinion is that loose does not affect accuracy but it does seem odd to have a loose lower/upper.

Steve R.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
EE ad

That's my ad.

I bought quite a few lowers in '99 from them. The first of the lowers were pretty tight fit with uppers the later bach I bought were looser/better. don't know about the rest of the parts though.

I should have another one of those lowers on the EE in the next few weeks.

alright.. i will take only 10% from your sale
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:26:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Comp1911 you are too quick. I re-read my post and then edited it because I thought it was  harsh and unwarranted and you saw it before I could change it. I am kinda embarrased because you have conducted yourself very well and I did not mean to impege (sp) your character in anyway. I apologize.  I had rather have a tight fit than a loose one. The opinion is that loose does not affect accuracy but it does seem odd to have a loose lower/upper.

Steve R.

No problem Steve.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#21]
From what I understand the early ones were made by Oly/SGW, and the later ones by Mega Machine.

The one on the EE link appears to be a Mega, though I'm not positive....
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
From what I understand the early ones were made by Oly/SGW, and the later ones by Mega Machine.

The one on the EE link appears to be a Mega, though I'm not positive....

Could be. Based on what I've seen, I don't think this was made by Oly.

But I could be wrong.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you on drugs?

That's the funniest thing I've read in a while!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Olympic only mills one of the selector stops across the bottom half and leaves the left one unmilled.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top