BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/23/2023 4:23:49 PM EDT
I noticed the magazine below from the Palmetto State Armory site. On the bottom of the mag it says West Columbia, SC. I guess that is where PSA is.

Does PSA make these mags themselves? Or does someone else and PSA puts their label on them?

Are they good?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/harrington-richardson-retro-5-56-20rd-straight-magazine-gray.html

Link Posted: 11/25/2023 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#1]
PSA bought H&R, along with DPMS a little while back. I was wondering who is making these too, maybe D&H?
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 1:21:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wolfman-iraq:
PSA bought H&R, along with DPMS a little while back. I was wondering who is making these too, maybe D&H?
View Quote

@wolfman-iraq

A part of me is skeptical it is D&H because they make 20 round mags but they are curved rather than straight.

I did not know PSA bought DPMS. I wonder what their motivation was and if it means DPMS quality will go up.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 5:21:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Floorplate in Colt style with Colt black follower, not retro enough for aluminum grey however.  Hope they work.  I still have my stash for my family and grandkids.

Link Posted: 11/26/2023 5:56:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Floorplate in Colt style with Colt black follower, not retro enough for aluminum grey however.  Hope they work.  I still have my stash for my family and grandkids.

View Quote

@Combat_Diver

Have any idea how much 20 round used ones with the metal (or aluminum?) follower goes for in good condition?
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:12:03 AM EDT
[#5]
These work as well as Colt 20 round magazines. Every time we went to the beach I'd make a pitstop at a large Army surplus store near Ft. Bragg. The nice lady at the register always pointed me to where the big box of used AR-15 magazines was located. Even through the 10 years of the AWB the price never went up. I must have a full footlocker or two of 20 and 30 round aluminum military issue mags. I refinished/refurbished the mags with the most wear after a cycle through the dishwasher and drying in the oven, LOL. The wife unit could always tell I was baking a batch of mags prior to spraying a coat of Sandstrom solid film lubricant.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:25:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#6]
Originally Posted By peacematu:

@Combat_Diver

Have any idea how much 20 round used ones with the metal (or aluminum?) follower goes for in good condition?
View Quote

No clue as I'm always down range.  New one is $19.99 so 75% is $15.00 would be my guess.

Link Posted: 11/26/2023 7:58:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By M-Forgery:
These work as well as Colt 20 round magazines. Every time we went to the beach I'd make a pitstop at a large Army surplus store near Ft. Bragg. The nice lady at the register always pointed me to where the big box of used AR-15 magazines was located. Even through the 10 years of the AWB the price never went up. I must have a full footlocker or two of 20 and 30 round aluminum military issue mags. I refinished/refurbished the mags with the most wear after a cycle through the dishwasher and drying in the oven, LOL. The wife unit could always tell I was baking a batch of mags prior to spraying a coat of Sandstrom solid film lubricant.
View Quote

I was going to ask why you used the oven to dry the magazines instead of a rag or a blow dryer and a rag but I guess it doesn't matter.

Did you put new springs in any of the mags you refurbished? If so, which brand/kind?
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#8]

No clue as I'm always down range.  New one is $19.99 so 75% is $15.00 would be my guess.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@Combat_Diver

@Combat_Diver

Actually, I was referring to the Colt, Okay Industries, and others of the past that had the metal or aluminum followers. Colt and Okay doesn't make them anymore.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:38:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#9]

@Combat_Diver

Actually, I was referring to the Colt, Okay Industries, and others of the past that had the metal or aluminum followers. Colt and Okay doesn't make them anymore.
View Quote

I always did 75% of current market.  While the early waffle mags are rare, there are still tons of the 20s out there.  As I said, don't know current market.  IM sent
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#10]
those are nothing like the original 20rd mags.

floorplates are the same as a 30rd mag.  they have no metal instert with the tab like the old 20rd mags have.  (original Colt top, H&R, Rock River bottom)

that being said, they run just fine like all my 20rd mags do.

BTW, Rock River still sells the old style 20rd mag with the insert, though they do have plastic followers.  

Rock River
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By seand1111:
those are nothing like the original 20rd mags.

floorplates are the same as a 30rd mag.  they have no metal instert with the tab like the old 20rd mags have.  (original Colt top, H&R, Rock River bottom)

https://i.imgur.com/7zgIhbL.jpg

that being said, they run just fine like all my 20rd mags do.

BTW, Rock River still sells the old style 20rd mag with the insert, though they do have plastic followers.  

Rock River
View Quote

Thanks for posting this! I ordered a few and they arrived today. I was expecting NHMTG, which would have been great, but got new in wrap grey Okay Surefeed. These have been oos everywhere for a while now. Just ordered more. Disclaimer: it doesn't say Okay in the description so they might have an assortment of aluminum mags. Also grabbed a couple 10 round mags which are D&H.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:41:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By eric496:

Thanks for posting this! I ordered a few and they arrived today. I was expecting NHMTG, which would have been great, but got new in wrap grey Okay Surefeed. These have been oos everywhere for a while now. Just ordered more. Disclaimer: it doesn't say Okay in the description so they might have an assortment of aluminum mags. Also grabbed a couple 10 round mags which are D&H.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182397/1000022234_jpg-3045880.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182397/1000022235_jpg-3045881.JPG
View Quote

I have found that with Rock River its the luck of the draw if you get OKay or NHMTG mags for both the 20 and 30 round aluminum mags.  As you said, either one is great and fine by me.... though the Okays are a bit more "golden" now that they have stopped making them.  (I have a lot of the surefeeds new in package... evil laugh....)
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#13]

I have found that with Rock River its the luck of the draw if you get OKay or NHMTG mags for both the 20 and 30 round aluminum mags.  As you said, either one is great and fine by me.... though the Okays are a bit more "golden" now that they have stopped making them.  (I have a lot of the surefeeds new in package... evil laugh....)
View Quote

Okay used to make NHMTG as well so all that's left of either is what is dealers have in stock.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#14]
 NHMTG = Okay.

Regarding the H&R mags, IIRC D&H is the mfgr. I may be mistaken.

Also, for  NHMTG marked Okay 20s.....Ray Gunworks has NOS for sale, $22 if memory serves me correctly.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 2:28:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seand1111] [#15]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:
 NHMTG = Okay.

Also, for  NHMTG marked Okay 20s.....Ray Gunworks has NOS for sale, $22 if memory serves me correctly.
View Quote

but RR sells new ones for $14...

or is that NOS with the metal followers???

Also, I didnt know Okay and NHMTG were the same.  I always associated NHMTG with Colt... probably because of the location
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Also, I didnt know Okay and NHMTG were the same.  I always associated NHMTG with Colt... probably because of the location
View All Quotes
 NHMTG = Okay.

Colt = Okay.

As far as the Ray Gunworks  NHMTG mags, I'm not sure on followers. Black poly if I had to guess.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Colt = Okay.

View Quote

Well, that just seems to make sense....
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Colt = Okay.

You would be surprised how many do not realize this.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
 NHMTG = Okay.

Believe it or not, I was wondering if the ones at Ray Gunworks have the metal follower before seeing your post. I thought: $22 is a bit spendy but if they have those old metal followers...
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Believe it or not, I was wondering if the ones at Ray Gunworks have the metal follower before seeing your post. I thought: $22 is a bit spendy but if they have those old metal followers...
View All Quotes
 NHMTG = Okay.

Negative, black poly followers...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I looked at Ray Gunworks out of curiosity and didn't see any aluminum mags other than Duramag.

Just put away the Okays that came arrived today and was surprised at how many I already have. Gonna need a bigger box when the next order from RRA gets here.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I looked at Ray Gunworks out of curiosity and didn't see any aluminum mags other than Duramag.

Just put away the Okays that came arrived today and was surprised at how many I already have. Gonna need a bigger box when the next order from RRA gets here.
View Quote

https://www.raygunworksllc.com/product-page/new-production-colt-20-round-gi-mags
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Thanks. Weird that they don't show if you click "rifle mags".
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:00:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#24]
A little background info related here....

This is a copy paste of an email circa 2016:

Re: Ronan Corp.

The NHMTG brand name is going away, but not the magazine. As you may know, Ronan Corp has been distributing Okay Industries magazines to the commercial market under the NHMTG brand name for the past 15 years. These are the same magazines that Okay has manufactured for the US military for more than 40 years. We will continue to offer the same high quality magazine, but now they will be sold under the Okay SureFeed name, and be available with both the traditional mil-spec gray dry lube finish, as well as a black PTFE (Teflon) coating.

Thanks

Steve Pelletier
Ronan Corp

Ronan Corp mags are still available/30rd mags labeled NHMTG.

https://www.mwgco.com/roanan-ar15-30-round-ar15-magazine.html
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:29:09 PM EDT
[#25]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182397/1000022234_jpg-3045880.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182397/1000022235_jpg-3045881.JPG
View Quote

How was shipppng?  Looks like you find out after the order?
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By hollowpoint2003:

View Quote

They didn't charge me for shipping. My first order was for 7 mags so that is $98. They called me and said that if I add $2 more then I would get a $10 gift card with my order. There was no gift card but shipping was free. Kinda weird but it works for me. I'm guessing orders over $100 ship free?
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I received my order from ROCK RIVER ARMS today.

Total cost: $112
NO TAX CHARGED
NO SHIPPING CHARGED

Two 30-round mags
-floorplates and body marked: "NHMTG HARTFORD CT"
- floorplate has nub-type locking mechanism
- body date-marked "9-12"
- green follower marked: "5.56"

Four 20-round mags
- flooplates and body marked: "OKAY INDUSTRIES INC NEW BRITAIN CT"
- floorplate has slotted snap-tab locking mechanism
- body marked "MFG 3-21"
- paper insert in bag marked "SUREFEED INDUSTRIES BY OKAY INDUSTRIES
- black umarked follower

Two 10-round mags
- floorplate marked: "D&H TACTICAL"
- body marked "04TQ4"

Each magazine in separate plastic bag
Blue paper in each bag with stupid California "proposition 65" garbage language on one side, and language about "may not be legal in your state" on reverse side
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 6:52:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eric496] [#28]
Originally Posted By W_E_G:
I received my order from ROCK RIVER ARMS today.

Total cost: $112
NO TAX CHARGED
NO SHIPPING CHARGED

Two 30-round mags
-floorplates and body marked: "NHMTG HARTFORD CT"
- body date-marked "9-12"

Four 20-round mags
- flooplates and body marked: "OKAY INDUSTRIES INC NEW BRITAIN CT"
- floorplate has slotted snap-tab locking mechanism
- body marked "MFG 3-21"
- paper insert in bag marked "SUREFEED INDUSTRIES BY OKAY INDUSTRIES
- black umarked follower

Two 10-round mags
- floorplate marked: "D&H TACTICAL"
- body marked "04TQ4"

Each magazine in separate plastic bag
Blue paper in each bag with stupid California "proposition 65" garbage language on one side, and language about "may not be legal in your state" on reverse side
View Quote

Wow, the 30s are old. I may need to order a few of those too. My second order of 20s was supposed to arrive today according to the tracking #. I'll just wait by the door.........
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 9:32:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jsuevo] [#29]
Has anyone used KCI mags?  They are aluminum 30 rounders and it looks like I can get a bunch at my local store.

Damn posted in the wrong thread 😂
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Aren’t KCI KOREAN?

Some of the KOREAN mags work in some guns. Or so I’ve heard.

I watched a (KOREAN) guy trying to get his new Korean FAL mags to work in a gorgeous Belgian Browning FAL. It was one failure-to-feed after another.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:56:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eric496] [#31]

They didn't charge me for shipping. My first order was for 7 mags so that is $98. They called me and said that if I add $2 more then I would get a $10 gift card with my order. There was no gift card but shipping was free. Kinda weird but it works for me. I'm guessing orders over $100 ship free?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hollowpoint2003:

The $10 gift card arrived in the mail today. Not sure if that was a Black Friday thing or not. I've since placed another >$100 order and got free shipping.

Now I have more mags in my cart and am wondering if there's another gift card on the way or not.

ETA: They responded. It was Black Friday only for the $10 gift card. It worked, they'll get me for another order.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#32]
In case anyone wants to place a small order for the mags from RRA thru 31-JAN. https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1750

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#33]
The best current deal going on 20’s is the $14 free ship no tax okay/nhmtg mags from rra. Once those are gone you’re stuck with the $19 + shipping & tax H&r repro’s from PSA at least until center (maybe) gets the okay’s rolling again and the quality is the same as before. But that’s a big if.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:18:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seand1111] [#34]
In case anyone wants to place a small order for the mags from RRA thru 31-JAN. https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1750

https://www.rockriverarms.com/images/specials/freeship-2024-jan.png
View Quote

yep!  I hit them for 10 more 20's last week plus some of their 32rd 9mm metal form mags.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#35]

yep!  I hit them for 10 more 20's last week plus some of their 32rd 9mm metal form mags.
View Quote

I never scrolled down in their 9mm mags to see the Metalforms. Might need to place another order.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:47:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seand1111] [#36]

I never scrolled down in their 9mm mags to see the Metalforms. Might need to place another order.
View Quote

I never knew they had them either, but I was getting some of their 9mm mag catches to check dim’s compared to the standard mag catch I am currently using in my 9’s.

But saw them, didn’t really need them as I have ~30 of the 20’s and 32’s, but figured what the hell, let’s get some also.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:14:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bolt241] [#37]
What does NHMTG stand for?
And are the 30 round ones for sale at RRA the NHMTG brand with the Enhanced Self-Leveling Follower?
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By bolt241:
And are the 30 round ones for sale at RRA the NHMTG brand with the Enhanced Self-Leveling Follower?
View Quote

I don’t know what NHMTG stands for, but it’s made by Okay.

The 30rd mags I received from RRA a few months ago were Okay surefeeds. So they had the non-tilt followers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:54:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#39]
View Quote

Edited/fixed:
New Helvetia Mercantile Trade Group
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#40]

New Helvetia Trade Group
View Quote

Where's the "M"?  
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#41]

Where's the "M"?  
View Quote

Mercantile
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:47:47 PM EDT
[#42]

Where's the "M"?  
View All Quotes

New Helvetia Trade Group

Where's the "M"?  

Fixed.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Mercantile
View Quote

^^^^
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Does RRA charge for shipping or tax on magazines? When I went to order some mags it said shipping TBD but never ended up showing a price.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 9:19:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#45]
Does RRA charge for shipping or tax on magazines? When I went to order some mags it said shipping TBD but never ended up showing a price.
View Quote

I ordered on 12/30 and received the mags today. Total was over $100 and shipping said TBD.  They never charged shipping or tax (over $100 was free ship). They also won’t send tracking.  In the other thread a poster posted that they have over $50 is free ship.  Just make sure your cart is over that amount and they won’t charge shipping.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 10:30:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#46]
Has read that tbd thing for as long as I remember. Everything I have ordered when shipping was charged on mostly multiples of small stuff has showed up unannounced in the mailbox at a fair USPS and them handling cost.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#47]
I have never seen shipping charges yet.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 11:41:10 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Shipping is free for orders over $100. This month there is some a special with free shipping for orders over $50. Don't know about sales tax. NH doesn't have any.

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:48:46 AM EDT
[#49]
I just placed an order for a couple 20 round mags from RRA to check them out. No shipping charge.

Is this their normal price for these, and are they usually in stock? If not I need to order at least a dozen or so.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:55:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eric496] [#50]
Originally Posted By wood714:
I just placed an order for a couple 20 round mags from RRA to check them out. No shipping charge.

Is this their normal price for these, and are they usually in stock? If not I need to order at least a dozen or so.
View Quote

They'll need to find a new source when their current supply of Okay mags runs out. My guess is they will carry D&H 20s and 30s.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top