Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 2:05:14 PM EST
I'm building an 80% forging and would like to have it Mil-Spec Hard Coat Anodized when finished. Does anyone have any recomendations as to where to have this done?

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:46:09 PM EST
I am going this week to a local plating company to have some 0% recievers hard coated. I have no idea if the hard coat they do is mil-spec but from what I have read here on AR15.com I am not too worried about it because it sounds like AR manufacturers may not all hardcoat the same either.

Anyway I just picked up my local yellow pages and looked for companies under electro plating and found two even in my small and crappy closest city (Binghamton NY) so I would guess that you can get it done most anywhere. I was quoted a minimum charge of $100 which easilly covers the six recievers I have.

I will post my results on this forum next week with any luck!

Good luck
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:47:32 PM EST
Hmm. I wouldnt coat upper or lower until I had finished machining it. IF your doing a lower or other parts (aside from the inside of the upper)I would HIGHLY recomend moly resin from john norrells. Just got done painting a barrel and Im shocked at how well it resembles the park on my preban colt.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:11:23 PM EST
There's another thread on this I found earlier:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=204068
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:51:09 PM EST
Thanks guys. I will check to see if it can be adeqately anodized locally. If not, I will try the complany in the link listed. I wanted the anodizing for the hardening. I may use the moly coat on top of the anodizing if it needs it cosmetically, I have used KG Guncoat with great sucess on many AK builds.
Top Top