Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2009 4:46:42 PM EDT
I have my lower ready and will be getting a BCG, CH,  and Troy BUIS for Christmas.  I plan on getting a BCM 16" mid-length upper and was wondering about the handguards.  I am not real worried about rails right now just want to get handguards and the mid length ones on the BCM site have pretty bad reviews.  In your opinion, what will be a good basic hand guard for a mid length upper?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I got my BCM 16" M4 upper with standard BCM handguards.

I like BCM.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Cav Arms C6 handguards.  They are basically a mid-length M4 handguard, although they only have a single heat shield in them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]
depends on what you want the rifle for..

I love the look of a regular middy set up and for plinking it works great. but in the end, you may want to go Free Float for the ultimate set up, and modular abilty with accessories, plus sight options are improved dramatically....
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
don't know how good they are, but armalite had some midlength handgards on the 12 days of Christmas sale
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#5]
i would try the standard hg's. if they fall apart return them and get something else. at least you won't be out much if they suck. sounds the problems are hit and miss anyway.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 2 sets from PK Firearms and they have been great handguards.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a set from Rock River Arms and they are fine. They are the ones that aren't to fat, I don't like the far ones. I don't know if they make them themselves, but they are good quality and good to go.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I've heard Noveske has the best midlength handguards, better than BCM, ArmaLite and RRA. The ones that came on my ArmaLite are passable but I'm also interested in something better. I'm not going rails so might as well get the best handguards.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a set from M&A Parts on my BCM mid length they are really nice I think they are from LMT

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top