Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 3:14:08 PM EDT
My original plan was to get the Surefire M500A and just replace my M4 handguards.  But I got a DPMS bull barrel with free floated round handguards.  So I changed my plan and got a 4 rail gas block to just attach my 6P until I started reading on here everyone having problems with the 6P and G2 falling out of the mount.  So now how else can I put a light on my rifle?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:50:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:45:43 PM EDT
Seems I read on a post that someone was having trouble with the scope ring option also.  Something about having to put "ranger bands" around the light to keep it in place?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:15:41 AM EDT
how about bicycle innertube?

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:38:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/23/2003 7:42:31 AM EDT by HardShell]
Is your free-floated handguard solid or slotted?  Does it have to be Surefire, or would you consider a Streamlight M3?

I used a Streamlight M3 AR-15 mount (basically a very short "Weaver" rail fitted for the M3 & designed to mount through the holes in the standard handguards with a backplate) on one of my DPMS [u]slotted[/u] FFHGs by mounting it through the slots - works like a charm.  Even if your FFHG is solid, it would only require drilling two small holes & you wouldn't be limited by the slots as far as light position.  (Mine [through the slot] is at the 2 o'clock position - quick-detachable & very handy.)

I have at least a dozen weapons set up to use the M3s & five M3s that make the rounds among those weapons (I do use dedicated Surefires on mytwo primary shotguns, though).  Just another option to consider...
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:29:17 PM EDT
OK thanks, I didnt realize I could use the slots on the handguards.  I do have an M3 on my duty weapon but I really am not a big fan of it.  I like surefires better but the M3 is smaller and cheaper which is why I got it.  But Surefire has that new light coming out in Jan. that looks like the M3 maybe I can put that on my Caspian and the M3 on my AR.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:58:50 PM EDT
 I have the DPMS bull barrel set up with the 4 rail block... but I had a surefire 6z kicking around.  Using a 1" ring on the rubber grommets locked it in tight, and most likely gives it some shock protection also.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:10:29 PM EDT
jenec.... can you explain what the "rubber gromets" are.  and what 1 inch ring did you use.  Maybe a pic?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:20:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:56:15 PM EDT
I have a good idea... how about I patent a scope ring with little rubber feet inside it!!!  OK so I dont know how to do that but maybe a company could combine the two concepts of a scope ring and rubber to hold a flashlight.  Just a thought.

PS... And I want stock in the company that takes my idea.
Top Top