Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 3:14:08 PM EDT
My original plan was to get the Surefire M500A and just replace my M4 handguards.  But I got a DPMS bull barrel with free floated round handguards.  So I changed my plan and got a 4 rail gas block to just attach my 6P until I started reading on here everyone having problems with the 6P and G2 falling out of the mount.  So now how else can I put a light on my rifle?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems I read on a post that someone was having trouble with the scope ring option also.  Something about having to put "ranger bands" around the light to keep it in place?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#3]
how about bicycle innertube?

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:38:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Is your free-floated handguard solid or slotted?  Does it have to be Surefire, or would you consider a Streamlight M3?

I used a Streamlight M3 AR-15 mount (basically a very short "Weaver" rail fitted for the M3 & designed to mount through the holes in the standard handguards with a backplate) on one of my DPMS [u]slotted[/u] FFHGs by mounting it through the slots - works like a charm.  Even if your FFHG is solid, it would only require drilling two small holes & you wouldn't be limited by the slots as far as light position.  (Mine [through the slot] is at the 2 o'clock position - quick-detachable & very handy.)

I have at least a dozen weapons set up to use the M3s & five M3s that make the rounds among those weapons (I do use dedicated Surefires on mytwo primary shotguns, though).  Just another option to consider...
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#5]
OK thanks, I didnt realize I could use the slots on the handguards.  I do have an M3 on my duty weapon but I really am not a big fan of it.  I like surefires better but the M3 is smaller and cheaper which is why I got it.  But Surefire has that new light coming out in Jan. that looks like the M3 maybe I can put that on my Caspian and the M3 on my AR.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#6]
 I have the DPMS bull barrel set up with the 4 rail block... but I had a surefire 6z kicking around.  Using a 1" ring on the rubber grommets locked it in tight, and most likely gives it some shock protection also.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#7]
jenec.... can you explain what the "rubber gromets" are.  and what 1 inch ring did you use.  Maybe a pic?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a good idea... how about I patent a scope ring with little rubber feet inside it!!!  OK so I dont know how to do that but maybe a company could combine the two concepts of a scope ring and rubber to hold a flashlight.  Just a thought.

PS... And I want stock in the company that takes my idea.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top