Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2003 5:39:31 PM EDT
A buddy of mine has a Bushmaster 20" A2 and it is new and unfired.  While handling it I noticed some movement toward the front end of the handguards.  I removed them and notice the handguard cap behind the front sight tower was somewhat loose.  Is this normal?  I've never experienced this with any upper I've ever owned, so I'm wondering if this is something that needs to be addressed with Bushmaster.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I put a thin line of clear superglue around the barrel and cap. I dont know if this will stand up to repeated fireing though. Some may suggest a small tack weld on the inside of the handguard cap at the barrel. A tack weld may make it harder to move though if you wish to add a freefloat.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]
My new Bushmaster 20" has very loose handguards in comparision to the handguards on my several 16" Bushmasters.  And the circular metal plate next to the front post is loose too on my new 20".  But these things don't bother me [shrug].
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top