Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 10:50:47 AM EDT
Hello out there. They say the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked. But here goes anyway. Does anyone know where I can find a good clean picture of how the hammer spring goes onto the hammer. I've looked at several now and I still can't get how it's suppose to look. I went to bushmaster and looked at their's and I looked at the one view here at ar15.com but I'm still not sure if I'm putting it on right.

[>Q]                                        
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps this will work for you...
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~aslag54/hammer.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]
One thing I might add to that photo above, the open ends of the hammer spring go towards the rear of the receiver, so the hammer is in tension when you install it.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks a hole bunch. Aslag and wingman26 the pic. just confirmed that I had it right. Again thanks to both of you. I'm glade to know if I have a question someone out there in black rifle land will get back to me.
                Thanks again
                 bubba4602

salute[usa]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Another not uncommon mistake is that the legs of the hammer spring should lay on top of the trigger pin.  

The trigger pin has a groove on one side that the hammer spring leg engages.  This is the only thing keeping the trigger pin from walking out of the receiver.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top