Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 7:06:35 PM EDT
Saw this on HKPro compliments of Chef (You da man!)

What was I can tell, its a military evaluation of it.  They were all very impressed.  

Video

Link to HKPro.com thread HKPro
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Great video with lots of good information. They seem to have nothing but good things to say about the HK416.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#2]
That's purdy interesting stuff. I wish that it was a little longer, though.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Linky no worky!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Good stuff
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty cool. That gun was damn clean.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Linky no worky!

Go to site he linked to and click on it there. That's what I did when it didn't work for me the first time.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Linky no worky!

+1

f### I hate real media player..
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Copy the link location and paste it into the "open" field in Real player. Should work fine then

Awesome vid. HK knows how to get the word out on their systems. They're a good company. I've always liked their products. I'll be happy when the dust settles and one piston format becomes standard by way of committee or market dominance. Either way, I'm cautious about taking on one company's technology only to have to become obsolete or the company goes belly up

I have the feeling that if HK started cranking out these uppers state side, they would bury LW and POF, for better or worse. Maybe this is the trojan horse HK needs to get back into the long gun market in America, since technically they wouldnt be selling an "assault rifle"

EDIT: Tried the link again and it works fine. You need real player for one. right click on the link, choose properties and copy the link location, in real player click "file" then "open" and paste the link in. Hit enter and your off to the races
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't get it to work here either.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
got it to work. use Real Alternative if u don't have real player.
great video and great rifle !!!.. I hope it will make it on the US civilian market.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#11]
if colt wants to survive in the future they better get of their asses with the m5.

great looking gun, but id still rather have the lw given the choice.  dont like the idea of the higher rail on the reciever.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:21:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Nope, doesn't work in real alternative even with the copy/paste thing.

ETA: finally got it to play. You have to paste this link

rtsp://real.gannett.speedera.net/real.gannett/atpco/blackwater/2005/HK416002.rm

Not the link from here with the http:/ stuff.

Still the video is choppy and screwed up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nope, doesn't work in real alternative even with the copy/paste thing.

Just tried it again and it works. You're doing something wrong

Here is the website that is the source for the video

armedforcesjournal.com/blackwater/

Colt has been sitting on piston based AR's since the 60's, long before LW or HK, but Colt wont invest heavily into something the military hasnt committed to buying, since that is the only customer whose business they value
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Saturday, August 20, 2005

This is a most very interesting yet frustrating video.  It is very exasperating for me to see such wonderful and magnificent M4 / M16 type weapons and equipment to be manufactured and yet not be made available to me.  All I can do is sit here and watch the video, go to the HK website and look at their on-line advertisements, I can go to the SHOT Show and handle it; but, I cannot have it.  Way too much for me.

I am not holding my breath to see if when, if ever, these HK 416 type firearms will be made available to the private shooting community.  I have a good friend who just came back from the HK Armor’s school.  I will have to ask him if any information if HK will release for commercial sale these items anytime soon.

Sigh!

MP5 MachinenPistole
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top