Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 4:40:19 PM EDT
Just got a ML3 that had the flip caps on.  I want to install the rubber cover.  Can't seem to get those suckers off...

Any help...??
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]
They should just pull off.  Some of them fit a little tight, but I've never had a problem ever getting them on or off.  Just grab 'em and give a good tug.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I just went through this yesterday on a M4s. It was VERRRYYY tight. Twisting didn't help. With enough force I was able to pry it off.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#3]
the rear will usually be a bit easier.

the front flip cap I find it best if you have it closed, and use the pivot point as a pry knob...

The first time I took them off it was freakishly hard to get them off (mainly the front one)...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:56:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I just streched it over mine IIRC. It is some pretty tuff stuff.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:05:37 AM EDT
[#5]
They are a PITA, but they'll come off.  Just make them your bitch, not vice versa.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just streched it over mine IIRC. It is some pretty tuff stuff.

+1 just got my m3 with larue mount and just pulled it over the covers.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top