Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2014 2:08:24 AM EDT
i have this old aimpoint 2000 red dot sight i bought it brandy new probably 30/35 years ago maybe even longer.. it was 200 dollars back then!.
((yes $200.00 in 1970s money!!!)  (my mortage payment was only $195.00)
most money i ever spent on a sight to this day considering what it took to get together 200 dollars for a new toy back when i was only making 4 dollars a hour) i haven't been able to find batteries for it in years, so now i have this sight that cost more than my mini 14 i bought in 1974. and i can't use it.
 ANYBODY know where i can get a couple, or have a battery  to sell?? does anyone even make that battery anymore???

thanks
Pete
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:30:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Did it come with 2 short EPX-1, 1.5 volt batteries?  I have an Aimpoint Electronic Mark III that's at least that old and can use a standard 123 battery.  Peal the plastic wrapper from the battery and check polarity.  Mine's still going great....The EPX-1 or equivalent can be found if googled...
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:41:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's what I found on the Aimpoint site under discontinued products. Maybe this will help you get that 2000 up and running.

Two Mercury RM 1 N or Lithium 1 DL 2/3 A (with long battery cap) or two mercury CP 675 or one Lithium CR 1/3 N or two Alkaline LR - 44 (with short battery cap)

http://www.aimpoint.com/us/products/discontinued-sights/product-singleview/product/2000/?cHash=597122aecd97c5008cab43bc6d7fca9a
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's what I found on the Aimpoint site under discontinued products. Maybe this will help you get that 2000 up and running.

Two Mercury RM 1 N or Lithium 1 DL 2/3 A (with long battery cap) or two mercury CP 675 or one Lithium CR 1/3 N or two Alkaline LR - 44 (with short battery cap)

http://www.aimpoint.com/us/products/discontinued-sights/product-singleview/product/2000/?cHash=597122aecd97c5008cab43bc6d7fca9a
View Quote

i remember it coming with 2 diffrent battery caps.. and i don't remember which cap i have on it or if i still have  the other one. i'm a pack rat so ican't see me throwing it away..  probably lost in a parts draw somewhere. i remember the battery i used was a little more than a 1/2 inch long. now that i'm thinking about it if i remember it correctly, it came with 2 small batteries installed.. and i switch it over to the 1 longer battery.( but my remembering isn't as good as it once was)..
i didn't expect  such fast responce from you folks. i'm going to have to dig the scope out and see what i have. i do know i took the battery out a LONG time ago because it was dead and i didn't want it to leak, so that battery is lost long ago now..as it sat around for years while i was searching for a replacement..

thanks for the link i'll search it out tonight.

and thanks for both replys..
Pete
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:18:16 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah, should be easy to find what you need.  The RM N 1 and Lithium 1 DL 2/3 A are basically 123A 3V batteries (123A meaning 1 two thirds of an A battery).  The shorter batteries are easily found button batteries.  These things run pretty good for their age - expect to see little vacuum tubes when you open them up...
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]
If it uses PX1 like my old aimpoints do I have gotten them at Batteries Plus. Also Amazon has them. I don't know how to post a link but if you search PX1 battery on Amazon you will find them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top