Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2007 8:06:59 PM EDT
Has anybody here heard of a new CLP called Gunzilla? The product claims to be made from plants and is not petroleum based. The president of the company was at the Portland gun show this weekend. I gave me a one on one presentation of the product and it almost sounds to good to be true.  I pulled it on Google and there are some postive reviews. Just wondering if anyone here knows of it.

If it really can work better than Hoppes and Triflow together, it would have to be a classified a 'wonder drug'.
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 5:16:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 5:25:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like it's worth a try.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 6:58:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I asked for an MSDS a while ago, and they did send me one.  Unfortunately, it is not the best of MSDS' as information is lacking.   All they have for composition information is: "Proprietary Mixture,
No single CAS Number applicable".  It also says "% VOLATILE: <10.0", which usually indicates some kind of solvent, but it's not supposed to contain any petroleum...

Also: "SOLUBILITY IN WATER: Emulsifies"  which would make more sense for a bio based lube.   Overall, this stuff sounds a lot like Slip 2000...hell it might be Slip 2000 in a different bottle...

And I really don't like this kind of marketing:

In Iraq, soldiers reported Gunzilla reduced total weapon malfunctions by 75%.  Many soldiers have reported no weapon malfunctions since they started using Gunzilla and it is considered a life saving product.

Very Militec'ish.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 3:31:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Has anybody here heard of a new CLP called Gunzilla? The product claims to be made from plants and is not petroleum based. The president of the company was at the Portland gun show this weekend. I gave me a one on one presentation of the product and it almost sounds to good to be true.  I pulled it on Google and there are some postive reviews. Just wondering if anyone here knows of it.

If it really can work better than Hoppes and Triflow together, it would have to be a classified a 'wonder drug'.

I've had really good luck using it in my AR. It does really cut down the cleaning time as you just have to put it on the weapon's surfaces (bolt, carrier,etc) and let it sit for a few minutes and then just wipes right off. It cut down my cleaning time especially when shooting dirtier ammo such as Wolf. Also, it doesn't dry out my hands like Hoppe's and BreakFree do. It's worth using. I've never had a failure in my AR as a result of a fouled weapon either. Only time I've had a failure was in a bad magazine (easy fix).

ETA: Here's a pic of Gunzilla compared to military CLP with regard to rust prevention.This test was done with each side having either an application of Gunzilla or the U.S. Military CLP applied according to the directions on the bottles.  The sheet steel was then left outside for five days and then brought inside and placed in the basement.  Within three weeks from the start of the test the rust was appearing on the U.S. Military CLP side.  The Gunzilla side still shows no noticeable rust.  

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top