Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 5:12:53 PM EDT
I fired a bunch today.

All went bang, performed 100% reliable.  May not look pretty, but it appears to work.

Averaged 3252FPS from a 20" rifle, right where M193 should be.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=273003
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Falarak--Would you recommend this stuff for long term storage, SHTF ammo?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Hmmmm.... that's a tough one.  If it were clean, and ran well (tested) in *your* rifle, then yes, I would.  

I always prefer new production, known storage history ammo for my long term storage.... and I would not store ammo for the long term that had lots of corrosion/oxidation already on the cases.  

However, on the Guatemalan that is clean, thus far, I would have no issues putting it back for a "rainy day".

Of course, it needs more testing, and I am far from an expert in these matters.

That said, I bought 10k of the stuff.    I plan on shooting it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:04:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:06:41 AM EDT
[#4]
NO
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:43:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmmm.... that's a tough one.  If it were clean, and ran well (tested) in *your* rifle, then yes, I would.  

I always prefer new production, known storage history ammo for my long term storage.... and I would not store ammo for the long term that had lots of corrosion/oxidation already on the cases.  

However, on the Guatemalan that is clean, thus far, I would have no issues putting it back for a "rainy day".

Of course, it needs more testing, and I am far from an expert in these matters.

That said, I bought 10k of the stuff.    I plan on shooting it.

Jeeesss,  10k plus all that reloading you do.  You must really shoot the shit out of stuff.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Jeeesss,  10k plus all that reloading you do.  You must really shoot the shit out of stuff.  

I really mostly reload .45ACP, and then single stage .308 and .223 for extreme accuracy.  If I shoot 1000 rounds a year of either .223 or .308 reloads, that is a LOT.

But I do shoot a lot of practice rounds, when in 3gun, classes, or just plinking.  I would shoot Wolf russian cheap stuff, but I get failures from time to time because it is so underpowered.  So - this was the best deal going for the money, for practice ammunition.  Ammo is getting more and more expensive, and finding a case of anything decent under $200 delivered/tax/whatever, is just getting more and more rare.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top