Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 8:41:44 PM EDT
I thoought something looked different on my Colt. The pistol grip is a Hogue grip.
Is this something cheap someone put on it?
Is it worth keeping?
Should I try to find a Colt grip?
Jim
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I thoought something looked different on my Colt. The pistol grip is a Hogue grip.
Is this something cheap someone put on it?
Is it worth keeping?
Should I try to find a Colt grip?
Jim

Those are nice,i am buying one for my carbine. Do what you want,but it is not a cheap grip,they go for around 25.00
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's a legitimate enhancement I won't worry about it.
I wanted to make sure someone hadn't put some cheap pos on it before I bought it.
Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I wanted to make sure someone hadn't put some cheap pos on it before I bought it.

By far the cheapest grip that money can buy is the original grip.  I've got tons of them lying around, because I almost always end up putting a more comfortable grip (like a Hogue, or a Magpul, etc.) on my ARs
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Somehow over the years I have never bought a Hogue product. I usually use Pachmeyers on my pistols or the original grips.
I have heard of Hogue of course, but I have no experience with them.
This grip has finger grooves in front and does feel comfortable. Someone did me a favor, I guess.
Jim
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#5]
they are of good quality. i recently replaced mine with a tango down since it covers the irritating part of the trigger housing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:46:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I replaced my original Colt grip with a Hogue 15 years ago.  I've tried others but the Hogue fits me the best.  Well made and very comfortable.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I have Houge grips on both of mine.  

Quoted:
they are of good quality. i recently replaced mine with a tango down since it covers the irritating part of the trigger housing.

You know I have heard others complain about this, but with or without the Houge grip, I have never had a problem.  ????
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I replaced my original Colt grip with a Hogue 15 years ago.  I've tried others but the Hogue fits me the best.  Well made and very comfortable.

www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/prodimg/15000L.jpg

That's the one I have.
Thanks for the replies. I am new to the AR15 weapon "system". I have owned firearms since the late '60s but a lot of what I know doesn't really tranfer to the AR15, but I am learning as fast as I can.
Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Hogues are my favorite.  They feel good and fit my hand perfectly.  I have installed them four of my AR's.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll just be thankful someone did me a favor.
Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Hogues are good grips.  I also like the TangoDown Battlegrip and Magpul MIAD.  They aren't nearly as comfortable, but they are more tacticool, and they can hold stuff.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#12]
The perfect grip would be a G27 design but with the softness and "gripability" of a Hogue.
my .02
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Heh heh, I have been waiting for someone to say they are junk and offer to take them off my hands.
No offers yet!
These do feel comfortable.
Jim
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Hogue Grips are must have equipment for any AR
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#15]
does anyone use the Sierra Precision grips?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top