Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 11:49:15 AM EDT
I was just wondering if someone could shed some light on the topic for me...

What's the difference between the "green label" and "blue label" 9mm Colt Carbines?

Also, are any of these available with flat top uppers (Colt, not RRA)?

Thanks, all
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Typically in the world of COLT, Green label went up to shortly after the time when Patrick Purdy shot up the schoolyard in Stockton CA.   Thus rifles till then had all the "evils" straight from the factory, what the heck was an "Assault Weapon Ban" in 1989???  Shortly after, COLT decided to make their rifles and declare them politically correct..... lose the bayonet lug, and remove the AR-15 logo. They called them something like MATCH TARGET, and the label on the box was changed to blue from green. Colt also added those sear block thingies also to the blue label.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
so it's just a factory thing...sorta pre- and post-ban, but not quite?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:21:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Kinda fell in line with the "import ban" for "sporting purpose".  It is a "Match rifle", says so on the lower, and it has no bayonet lug, and cannot be converted to full-auto... Political/public relations to sell rifles in a positive fashion.  Few years later came the so called "crime-bill", aka----> 94 assault weapon ban....
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks SBR

Green...older

Blue...newer
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#6]
bsbg

Great graphics for my question. Thanks alot...
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top