Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2003 12:55:47 PM EDT
Hello, I am starting my first AR project, now that the funds are right. (Actually, I rounded up all the change up in my entire home, submitted it to the bank, and was sent a receipt. That receipt told me I submitted over $300.00 of change. (WHOO HOO))

So now Im looking for a good lower, and I understand MEGA and EAGLE arms are ok? I dont want CAV ARMS, beacause I want stock options.
Where Can I find Mega lowers? Are they that good?

Project Info
Ultra Hyper Lightweight handy plinker.

A4 upper, no optic, just a BUIS.
Hyperform Carbon Fiber free float tube
16 inch Pencil thin barrel
stubby stock

Thanks for the help!

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I suggest going with a MEGA lower u wont regret it!

Justin
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have ordered alot of the Eagle Arms lowers from [url]www.quanticoarms.com[/url] and they are great. $100 each.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 4 Eagle lowers...they are top notch...I get 'em locally for $100 and no FFL, so it's a no brainer for me.  BTW, I used an Armalite kit on one that I put together, and I only needed a plastic punch to get the pins in..absolute perfect fit all the way around.  

You may want to rething the stubby stock (if you mean LE length)...I just put one on the Model 1 kit I built, then swapped it out for an A2 to go to the range today...the LE stock is too short for casual plinking, etc...it works great on the M4 resting on your chest, but I don't think it would be too comfortable to shoot at targets like that.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, im not a very big guy... I think they will suit me OK.

Who is a supplier of mega lowers?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Do a search in the EE for Mega.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have 4 Eagle lowers...they are top notch...I get 'em locally for $100 and no FFL, so it's a no brainer for me.  
View Quote

HUH? [>:/]

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's the link to the Mega and Stinger lowers on the EE for sale.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=153544[/url]

That said, I have not used a Stinger or Mega lower, but I do believe my next build will be with one of these 2 lowers.  I have heard nothing negative about them at all, plus they are cheaper than the others.  My 1st (and only, so far) build was on an Eagle Arms lower from Quantico Arms.  The lower went together easily and looks great!!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered a stinger lower from Clint, it should be here [fingers crossed]next week [/fingers crossed].

My next will be a matched mega upper and lower to build an SPR on....
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have 4 Eagle lowers...they are top notch...I get 'em locally for $100 and no FFL, so it's a no brainer for me.  
View Quote

View Quote

I think (and hope) what he is saying is that he doesn't have to pay a FFL dealer for the transfer.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

sorry...I mean I buy them from Quantico Arms in person, hence no transfer fee.  In my mental shorthand, FFL means "transfer fee"...sometimes I forget no one else speaks it lol.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:54:21 AM EDT
[#11]
OK, thats where I bought mine too. Good guys to deal with.

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Get an LE(stubby) stock if you want,but they are VERY short(needs about 1.5" added).
I shot a Rock River Tactical today and the stock is not very comfortable. It's made to be used with a Tac(read thick)vest.
I'm 5'3" and the stock is just to short w/o a vest on.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Eagle Arms at www.quanticoarms.com . I just received two receivers. I have a friend who lets me go through his FFL. He does not charge me. $100.00 each plus shipping and it came to about $215.00 for both with shipping. I haven't put them together yet as I have no funds for the uppers yet, but I will. President George W. Bush is sending me $800.00 for my two kids and the money is going in guns. What a fine investment. Kids go hungry and I get new AR's.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Instead of the stubby stock (too short, even for a small guy, IMHO) why not consider an A1 stock? The A1 is 5/8" shorter than the A2, and will probably be more comfortable than the stubby.

[edited for spelling, and to say: Have fun with your project.)
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I have assembled and used a Stinger lower and it was a fine unit. No problems what-so-ever and it has a nice finish. You will have no problems.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top