Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2003 8:06:30 PM EDT
I am really hooked on giving the IOR 4X tactical scope a try.  Any one out there with hands on experience?  What dealer do you recomend?

Thanks,
Adrian
[email protected]

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I've bought more than a few scopes from these guys and have always found them to have great prices and good service.

[url]http://www.swfa.com/riflescopes/index.html[/url]

My other favorite scope site is BearBasin but they don't carry IOR Valdada at this time.

If you don't need the diopter adjustment (you don't wear glasses) save yourself $100 and get the M1 vice the M2 which allows a person who wears glasses to adjust the diopter to match their perscription within a range.

The Dragunov reticle allows for range finding and bullet drop compensation the NATO only seems to do range finding. Make sure you get the .308 or .223 to match your caliber with either reticle.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Paul,

Thanks for not "zapping" my ad....I will have a reply to "Hoplophobe" soon, and I am asking for guidance in reaching members of this forum with our products / prices without ruffling any feathers.....

While SWFA is the biggest scope retailer in the world, they are not the best when it comes to IOR optics...that would be us...

That said, their price on the M1 is just fantastic.  We can match it here at Liberty Optics, but we CAN'T beat it.  The M2, however, is another story.

Mallcop, got your email and will reply personally.

Thanks for your interest and patience.  This is clearly the best forum of all...hands down!..when it comes to active participation and debate.

Scott a/k/a  Pat
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#4]
To the Bear Pit with the scope dealers!

Just bought a Leupold Tactical off the SWFA Sample list today at a steal of a price mil-dot and all about $125 less than I've seen it anywhere else.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I would check out Cactus Tactical's web site: [url]www.CactusTactical.com [/url]. They are the southwestern distributor / dealer for the Valdada / Meopta product lines and have good  prices on the scopes.   I ran across them and the Valdada line at a recent 3 gun match. They were showing the new 4x24 M2 and the 1.1-4 Tactical with the new CQB illuminated reticle.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for SWFA.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#7]
"Hows that?  We stock them all, ship the same day and offer better prices than you and have helped support AR15.com since its inception."

Chris, I tip my hat to you for being a founding sponsor of AR15.com; this is one of the best online forums ever.

I am using your website and ads in Shotgun News as a guide when I make my "best prices" claim. You don't and can't sell lower than me.  I only sell IOR because I think they are the best, period.  You can't make that claim without ruffling the feathers of the other competing brands you offer.  Our goal is to be the #1 IOR dealer/distributor, not the #1 optics retailer (which is you).  It's sorta like David vs. Goliath.  

A review of your website shows that your prices are quite competitive with some IOR models, and pretty average to high on the rest, in my opinion.

I understand you have tremendous support here and have a proven, winning track record.  I admire your well deserved market position.  I'm not going to engage in a "peeing contest" because that isn't going to accomplish much.  You guys are king of the mountain!

However, I will give my full effort in taking care of any customer who wishes to purchase their IOR product from Liberty Optics.

Thanks,

Scott @ Liberty

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Another vote for SWFA.
View Quote

Another vote for SWFA.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#9]
QCMGR,
I think you are trying to get a point across. :-)

Mr Henry,
I think I will stick with my local dealer mentioned earlier.   They support local events, sponsor numerous IDPA and rifle matches, have good prices, keep a good stock and don't come online making claims they will have trouble keeping. I have seen too many shooting stars start out bright and fade quickly.

BTW: what shooting events do you sponsor by donating prizes to?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
QCMGR,
I think you are trying to get a point across. :-)

Mr Henry,
I think I will stick with my local dealer mentioned earlier.   They support local events, sponsor numerous IDPA and rifle matches, have good prices, keep a good stock and don't come online making claims they will have trouble keeping. I have seen too many shooting stars start out bright and fade quickly.

BTW: what shooting events do you sponsor by donating prizes to?
View Quote

Rifle_guy,

Before I formed Liberty Optics, I bought all my IOR scopes (for personal use) from CactusTactical, if that tells you anything.

I'm not sure what claims you are referring to when it comes to having trouble keeping.  Perhaps you can help me out here.

As for the "shooting star" reference, your point is well taken.  What happens with many "start-ups" is they throw lots of money on advertising and sponsorships but don't manage the business well, aren't patient, don't take care of customers in the longterm, or just plain don't stick with it.

I believe in giving back to the community and will be glad to get involved with that when the time comes.  But, that would not be appropriate for me at this time.  I am focusing on selling the product and building a customer base.

As for my credibility, look me up at the IOR Valdada booth at the Las Vegas SHOT Show, Feb 11-15, 2004.  That is, if you can make it... :)

"Mr. Henry"
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Mr "Henry", the Shot Show is 2/12 - 15, you might want to revise your travel plans.

I will stop by and say hello at the Shot Show, if you are still around. The Valdada booth is always one of many on my list of stops.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:38:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Rifle_guy,

Of course you are correct.  However, I will be arriving on the day before in order to prepare and get acclimatized to my temporary environs.

SWFA,

Could you elaborate on your "110% price protection guarantee?"  Also, are you the owner of SWFA?

Thanks,

Scott
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top