Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2003 6:59:04 PM EDT
Hey friends, just ordered some ammo from this site.. 1000 rounds lake city delivered for 180.00..thought this was pretty good from what I've seen online.. Just thought I'd pass it on.
http://mactec-militaryarms.com/ammo_sales.html
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want so realy good deals got to www.cheaperthandirt.com and look at wolf ammo. It is 2.39 a box of 20. Not to bad.

==============================

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I buy my ammo from AMMOMAN.com.  He has great prices and a great selection.  By the way, I don't recommend using Wolf ammo.  It has the reputation for being very 'dirty' ammo.  It is cheap though.  Just buy you some M193, it is also cheap and better than Wolf brand.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah, I've heard too many horror stories about wolf myself. this site had a coupon code and the link was actually to sportsman guide.. was gonna buy thru ammoman, but saved 20 bucks going thru the link I posted..
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been getting Winchester 55 grain 40 round value packs at Walmart for $7.47 a box. I have shot hundreds of rounds so far with no problems except for a little gold dust on my fingers and lower.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:30:56 AM EDT
[#5]
The Wolf steel case along with the lacquer on the case is no good from what I'm told. The steel case causes more rapid wear than brass cases and the lacquer comes off and builds up in the chamber. I wouldn't use the stuff myself.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:33:51 AM EDT
[#6]
AMMOMAN.com is good, but I have found that AmmunitionStore.com has a little bit better prices, especially for Wolf.  Just make sure you add $15-20 to thier listed price for shipping, but in most cases it still comes out out to less than AMMOMAN
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:37:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I do not shoot wolf,steel cased,hard primers,lacquer coated=problems.Get some M193 loaded hot,brass cased,mil spec=good stuff.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
AMMOMAN.com is good, but I have found that AmmunitionStore.com has a little bit better prices, especially for Wolf.  Just make sure you add $15-20 to thier listed price for shipping, but in most cases it still comes out out to less than AMMOMAN
View Quote

I have purchased 20 to 24 cases (yes, cases) of ammo from ammunitionstore.com over the past three-four years, all at shows.  Then I call ONE TIME, giving my CC number and asking for the favor of them bringing the four cases of Barnaul 5.45 to the Akron show where I would pick them up since I would be driving through to Detroit.  I am then sternly informed that "we won't be taking any to that show", and got a ration of sh*t about how they "couldn't, wouldn't" let me pick it up at the show, even outside. And I got the "no one's here" from the guy when I tried going up the ladder.

Maybe it is unreasonable of me to ask such a favor, despite an average of $800 to $1000 in business a year.

I canceled the Barnaul 5.45 and bought it elsewhere, along with all of the rest of the purchases since.  Next time I'm in North Canton, I intend to stop in and discuss it, because my dealings with them up to then have been very positive, despite the practice of slightly marked-up show prices vs. their web prices.

I get now ammo from www.dansammo.com or ammoman, depending on the product and availability.

Noah
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top