Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 7:27:56 PM EDT
so after owning this nice rifle for  2 weeks. I took a some time to get together a couple of items to make my first trip out to shoot the new rifle a little more fun.

should be going out this week. think this is enough lead for my first time out?
I will also bring along the Ruger . I think the little white bottles should be a hoot.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#1]
let us know how your shoot went.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Bring a cleaning kit cause it looks like you will be in for some serious shootin.

EFFF- edited for fat fingering
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Bring a cleaning kit cause it looks like you will be in for some serious shootin.

EFFF- edited for fat fingering

rods + bore snake + tools + Slip lube will be along for the ride.

plan to have an aimpoint onhand any day now.

first time owning an AR , didn't take long to watch the money start flowing away from me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
You need to bring more ammo.

Other than that, you're set.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on a rod, some CLP, and some small tools (allen wrench set, leatherman, etc)

good luck and get some vids or pics !
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
How 'bout more targets?

that's a lot of ammo for 20 bottles...

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#7]
A few drops of militec-1 and you could shoot up more than half that ammo before you have to do to much cleaning. That statement should start some crap with a few people, with replys like.  You should clean this and that, after this many rounds etc. Let them fly. I did 20 years in the corps. I know how many rounds we fired off. I know how often we cleaned the beast. I know how often we sould have cleaned it, but did not. Slam in another mag and go like hell. you can clean after the FPF Bro.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A few drops of militec-1 and you could shoot up more than half that ammo before you have to do to much cleaning. That statement should start some crap with a few people, with replys like.  You should clean this and that, after this many rounds etc. Let them fly. I did 20 years in the corps. I know how many rounds we fired off. I know how often we cleaned the beast. I know how often we sould have cleaned it, but did not. Slam in another mag and go like hell. you can clean after the FPF Bro.
How many brand new rifles did you break in while you were in?  Not doubting you, but some of us don't have armorers to replace shot out barrels at taxpayer expense and want to do our right from the beginning. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You need to bring more ammo.

Other than that, you're set.

crap

back to the fun store.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:14:25 AM EDT
[#10]
broken shell extractor, if you dont have one
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Trauma / first-aid kit and a Friend.

You did say Bonnies right ?
Just in case

Ripak
Be Safe Have Fun
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#12]
KABOOM!  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#13]
What's in the white bottles?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Save some ammo in case there are zombies on the way back home.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#15]
+1 for militec good stuff. Although I like my CLP too. A good Fiberglass Rod, more targets. Big bag for all the empty brass your going to keep and send to me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like your 1st is going to be a lot more eventful than my first shoot!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#17]
eye and ear protection would be a good idea . . .
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#18]
If this is your first time shooting you need to zero your AR. Do you have a target stand, targets, and a pair of binoculars or a spotting scope? A marker helps too. You're going to have a hell of a time hitting those tannerite bottles without a zero.

Have you read up on howto get a zero? I like the improved 50 yard battlefield zero. Opinions on this topic differ as well.

I noticed that you have two different weights of ammo. You have M855(62 grain), and XM193(55 grain). Your zero will be a little different between the two.

My objectives, were I taking my AR out for the first time would be to familiarize myself with the manual of arms, get a 50 yard zero, and then have a little fun at different ranges to see how point of aim effects point of impact.

Stick to the basics, sight picture, trigger squeeze, breath control.

Have fun!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#20]
be sure and practice bump firing once or twice, nothing like the look on a friends face when you carry them along and they think you are going full auto..... i did it yesterday, it was worth a hundred bucks to see the way my bud looked over at me. i'm getting real good at 3 round bursts.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top