Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2003 9:10:48 PM EDT
I have a Colt AR15A2 20" Gov't model with an A.R.M.S. #2 carry handle mount and A.R.M.S. #21 30mm rings.  I would love to mount a Leupold 3.5x10M3 LR Illuminated scope on it but I do not have $900 at the moment.  I am looking for a reasonabley priced general purpose rifle scope with 30mm scope tube.  I am considering the Burris 2.5x10x44 Black Diamond, the Tasco 10x42SS, the IOR Valdada 6x42 Tactical and possibly some sort of Springfield scope with a 30mm tube.  Another option would be to purchase A.R.M.S. #37 1" ring inserts and purchase a 1" scope tube.  Some of the options here are one of the Leupold Tactical's, a VX-II 3-9x40 or the Vari-X III 3.5-10x40.  In the Burris line there are the Signature scopes, a 2.5-10 or a 3x9.  In the Fullfield II line there are the 3x9x40 and the 3.5x10x50.  Weaver also has the 3x9 Tactical.  I would appreciate your opinions and any other sugestions on the matter.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Any thoughts on these scopes?
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That $900 Leupold gets a great deal more expensive when you add the cost of a 'temporary' scope to the mix.  If you want the M3, that's what you should save for... One thing to consider is using an A2 upper with a scope setup... you may find a flattop would be more in line with the use and capabilities of a quality scope like the M3...

If you do want a lower priced scope until you can afford the M3 stick with Leupold... You wouldn't have any problem selling a Leupold on the EE.  Who knows, as nice as Leupold scopes are you may end up keeping it as well...

I own and highly recommend the Leupold 3.5-10 x 40mm Vari-X III Tactical w/mildot, $540, and the Leupold 3-9 x 40mm VX-II Tactical w/mildot, $382.  One inch rings needed, but outstanding scopes...

[url]www.a-zriflescopes.com/leupold_tactical_riflescopes.htm[/url]

edited for link
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 4:23:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Darkstar has given good advice here, if ya just have to have one now, listen to him and go for the Vari-X III 3.5x10x40 Leupy. It's a keeper.

Mike
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top