Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/25/2003 6:12:42 AM EDT
I currently have the ARMS #40 flip up rear sight.  Now I purchased the ARMS #22 scope rings only to discover my scope doesn't quite clear the #40 when it is flipped down.  How much shorter is the GG&G MAD sight than the #40?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:19:38 AM EDT
[#1]
It is a lot lower, I don't know how much but I'd say the only lower one ins the KAC 300 meter.  Did you see that the wew MAD now locks up?  I think I am going to have to get one.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:43:29 AM EDT
[#2]
So, anybody want to buy a brand new ARMS #40?  Only $90 and I'll pay for shipping!  B^)  SOLD IT ALREADY!!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#3]
daphotoguy,
measuring off the flattop, both sights folded down, i measured the #40 to be .95" high (highest point is the aperture in the middle), and the MAD to be .60" (highest point, near the windage knob on the side).  the highest point in the middle on the MAD is .50"
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
daphotoguy,
measuring off the flattop, both sights folded down, i measured the #40 to be .95" high (highest point is the aperture in the middle), and the MAD to be .60" (highest point, near the windage knob on the side).  the highest point in the middle on the MAD is .50"
cheers,
MM
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  Sounds like it should just work for me.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:19:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So, anybody want to buy a brand new ARMS #40?  Only $90 and I'll pay for shipping!  B^)
View Quote

DAMNIT!   i just bought one for 94+ s/h oh well its coming with my new upper and i bought it from adco. i dont mind giving him a couple of extra bucks since he was such a good guy to deal with.  you really cant complain about his s/h charges either.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:10:27 AM EDT
[#6]
...is this the new style knobs on the #40 or the older one?

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...is this the new style knobs on the #40 or the older one?

View Quote

I don't know what the difference is.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top