Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2003 5:21:45 AM EDT
I am getting ready to re-install my front sight base(bushy 16" lightweight), the taper pins were a b***h to get out(they were removed from shooter's left to right). Any tips for easy installation? Will putting pins or barrel in deep freezer help? All tips will be appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:06:40 AM EDT
[#1]
This might be a good time to replace it with Armalites allen screw front sight ($40, I think). I know the first time I have to remove my front, I'm getting this as it makes removal/replacement very easy for barrel changes....

They don't show it on their website, but it is in the catalog. It's the stock A2 front sight tower that comes on their standard M15A2; it just replaces the taper pins with heavy allen bolts.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 11:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
You can just pound em back in, shooter right to left, using a fairly large punch. They may not seat as far in as they originally did because they are probably slightly misshaped from the removal pounding... Or... you can buy new pins. I just pounded mine back in... works fine. If it bothers you you might use some red loctite on the pins, I didn't bother.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top