Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2003 1:50:13 PM EDT
I just put my new Tasco Pro Point 3 red dot sight on my flat top upper, and unless my zero will be with the red dot on or above the front sight tower, I am going to have to do something different. I would get rid of the tower, but I still want to be able to use my iron sights. What options do I have to get the red dot to work with my setup?
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#1]
It shouldn't be a problem if you're using your red dot correctly.  It's intended for use with both eyes open, with your dominant eye looking through the optic and your non-dominant eye looking downrange.  Unless suffering from astigmatism, your brain should superimpose the two pictures into one, with the dot hovering over the target...regardless of what is in front of the dot.  
Sluggo
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Add a spacer to elevate the sight.  Most red-dot sights and scopes are too low when mounted directly onto a flattop receiver.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top