Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2003 5:23:47 PM EDT
I am looking for a source for front sight adjustments on a colt.  In the Nam we used  the end of an unexpended round. I am sure there must be somthing better out there. Arthritis in my hands also affects this task. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Brownells (www.brownells.com) will have what you need - item #  078-015-002.  I have one and it is a lot easier than using the unexpended round....

Clay
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:19:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I would suggest getting the long straight type of sight tool vs. the knob shaped kind. Also consider making one. In the Army M16A2 manual their is a section at the end on assembly and adjustment tools you can make (Section E2). I made a sight adjustment tool out of a thick coat hanger. Works well. The manual also shows how to make the straight type adjustment tool.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info, I am already all over it. Cheers, TK
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top