Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 10:35:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2009 2:24:53 AM EDT by BPR]
I used the search function and scanned about 8 pages, but couldn't find any info on this....

When attaching the front sight to the front of a railed handguard, I would expect POI to change slightly with handguard pressure.  Am I incorrect?

I'm planning on putting together a 16" carbine w/ iron sights, and I want as long of a sight radius as possible.  I figure I can either use a rifle length railed handguard and attach the front sight to the rail, or use a standard free-float rifle length tube and a dummy gas block w/ rail right behind the flash hider for my front sight. I don't want to use a standard A2 front sight.

So, does POI change w/ the sight on the railed handguard?

Thanks for any help, guys.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:43:48 PM EDT
Come on, I know some of you guys actually shoot their rifles.....

How much can POI change at 400 yards if the front sight is mounted on a railed handguard?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:44:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2009 6:45:11 PM EDT by unforgiven5150]
I mounted mine on the front handguard because I have a carbine length barrel but a midlength rail, mainly for looks. I'm not sure on POI change, but in theory wouldn't a longer sight plane or whatever its called make it more accurate? Granted mine is there for back-up, I have shot with my irons out to about 100m.
Top Top