Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/17/2004 4:37:59 PM EST
I want to replace my FSB on my Armalite m15a2 post-ban with a no-ban version. I noticed my current FSB has allen screw in it and the one Armalite offers (no-ban) use pins. Why? Is this something I can do at home or should I send it out? I already plan on having ADCO replace the muzzel device with a A2 hider. What do you thing I should Do? If I can do this at home how do I do it and where can a good FSB other than Armalite?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:45:56 PM EST
Have ADCO replace your FSB. The only way you should attempt this yourself is if you are replacing it with another set-screw type. The taper pinned FSB's need to be installed on a jig, drilling the barrel and FSB together, with a special bit..... and should only be installed by a competent gunsmith. Too much trouble and cost just to add a bayo lug.... IMHO. Spend too much money, and you could just buy a new barrel.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:55:18 AM EST
Where can I find the screw type that is currently on the Armalite but in no-ban. Where can I find an Armalite 20" HBAR barrel (no-ban) or who makes it for them? THANKS!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:57:29 AM EST
You could tap the holes and add set screws from your old fsb on a fsb that has a bayo lug on it. there is an instructional website out on the web. I did a google search and found it. Heck I'll look it up and post it. You are lucky that your barrel has flats. My take off barrel that I threw on a LAR blemished upper had taper pin. I put as much windage as I could and still couldn't get a zero. I am lucky to have a 100 yard tunnel to test ammo in here in Wichita.
http://www.gswagner.com/arsight/arsightmods2.html
Top Top