Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 4:00:11 PM EDT
Can you free float a skinny A2 profile 20" the same as a Hbar 20"?  I know the parts would all work but I was wondering if the barrel would not be happy with all that weight out front and the thin bit under the hand guards having to hold it all up.  I guess it would be ok but I'm asking to be sure.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine works just fine!  [;)]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
No problem at all.

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! That is cool,  my 1/7 colt barrel just showed up and I picked up some 68 and 75 grain BTHP match bullets to work up a load for  the 2004 service rifle shoots.  Just wanted to be sure it would work with my DCM style free float tube setup [:D]

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I was wondering about that same thing. I have a Bushmaster 20" A2 govt barrel and didn't know if putting a KAC FF RAS is a waste on this barrel (compared to match quality barrels in HBAR config, etc) because I don't plan to attach anything to the rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top