Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/22/2006 2:16:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 4:29:35 PM EST by AllCn1]
I've never dealt with a free float handguard system and i know i'm probally missing something i just need to know what. I purchased a barrel with FF HG, gas tube, and HG nut, i guess is what it's called, they were all seperate pieces. The FF HG is a round aluminum tube with rings around it about ever 1/2', looks like the regular handguards. I've looked in the FF HG threads but have yet to see the style i have. There is also, what i call a HG nut. It is about an 1 1/8" thick and has OD and ID threads. The HG screws onto the OD threads which are about 1 7/8", and i haven't a clue what screws into the ID threads.On one side there is a sprocket so to speak with holes around it to index the gas tube, and looks like a barrel nut. On the other side it has the ID threads which look to be about an 1 1/4" in diameter. Could anyone provide a pic or a link to a pic which shows the complete assemble, or tell me what i'm missing and installation procedure. Any replies will be greatly appeciated, and emails welcome.Here's the parts i purchased and the FF HG in question. I don't know if this link will be hot, you might have to copy and paste.




Hey Gene,
Yeah i read that thread and several others and none of them are showing the style FF HG i have.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:49:59 PM EST
Have you looked at this yet: HOW TO About half way down, there is a section on installing a FF tube, I think this will answer your question.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:57:06 AM EST
Top Top