Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2015 11:51:40 AM EDT
I really lucked into this superb Colt Armalite bayonet.  There is not a single scratch on the handle, and just a tiny bit if wear on the blade.  It even came with the correct unmarked scabbard.  Looking at the fittings, it has apparently never been attached to a rifle.

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Color me OD green with jealousy!  

Would have loved to add that to my M7 collection.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you find it?
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Dibs! Lol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not a blade guy, but I would have snatched that one up.  Suuuuhweeeet!
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice example!  In my experience, that scabbard has been even harder to find than the bayo!
Congrats!
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where did you find it?
View Quote

I got a call from someone who knew that I was looking for one.  I literally JUMPED OUT OF THE SHOWER to get on the phone with him and say that I would take it, when I heard him say it was $500.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]
WOW, super deal!
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I got a call from someone who knew that I was looking for one.  I literally JUMPED OUT OF THE SHOWER to get on the phone with him and say that I would take it, when I heard him say it was $500.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where did you find it?

Its good to have friends on the lookout, good find!
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
WOW, super deal!
View Quote

THIS!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Not to hijack the thread, but I think I might have one of those scabbards...

No trace of markings on the throat, paint color seems to match. Thoughts?

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#11]

I am not a bayonet expert (the 601 and AR10 bayos are the only ones that interest me), but at first glance, I notice that yours doesn't have the Victory Plastics (VP) logo or the wire hanger.  Yours is made with the basic belt loop.

Some good info on these bayos here.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:39:17 AM EDT
[#12]
M16indiana, could I ask you a favor? Could you tell me the distance between the groves on your knife handle?

Doc
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Not to answer for Mr. Indiana, but (borrowing his pic) here are some measurements off mine.  
Mine is a 1-line blade so it'd be interesting to know if his handle measurements are the same.

To clarify, the round-profile grooves are 3/32" wide.  The outermost grooves are 2.5" apart (center to center), with a groove every half-inch.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#14]
OlGunner, Thanks for the measurements. I don't want to hi jack the thread so lets just say that will help greatly with a project I have in mind for this winter.

Doc
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top