Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 4:22:05 AM EDT
Ok...I am sure this is posted eslewhere, but I did not have good luck finding out the answer to my question.

Should I reuse the original metal followers, or the new green ones in my USGI 20-Rounders?

KillJoy
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:32:58 AM EDT
[#1]
By all means, USE THE ORIGINALS. They make GF for the USGI 20s but they are inferior replacements. For maximum reliability & durability use the originals for USGI 20s, (or send them over to me!
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:50:18 AM EDT
[#2]
lol...thanks.

Well....I guess I'll just keep the originals in if there is nothing "wrong" with them.

I wasn't sure if they had the same canting issues as the 30's or not.

KillJoy
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#3]
If the aluminum followers are in good condition, stay with them.

As far as canting, I can put my finger on the front edge of the follower and push it straight down without binding. Try that with a 30 rounder, anti-tilt follower or not! The straight body makes the follower track quite well.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top