Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 12:59:58 PM EDT
I haven't spotted something similar to the yankey hill flip up front that would go on the light weight barrel, so would it work if I made a collar or bushing to fit the barrel for the ID and the block for the OD?  I figure the faintest interference fit for the collar and make the gas hole a bit larger than what is needed.  Maybe a hundred thousandths oversized, that way alignment wouldn't have to be dead nuts on it.  Is this asking for trouble?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
www.pri-mounts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PRI&Product_Code=05_0026&Category_Code=AR15_M16_ACC
PRI makes what you are looking for (I think)...

Also,
armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=104
ARMS was supposedly going to make a version of the Silouette for .625" diameter barrels.  Not out yet AFAIK...

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The PRI unit is what I am looking for, costly, but what I am hunting.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe that YHM either makes, or used to make a lightweight profile version of their flip up...  I'd give 'em a call.

- AG
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top