Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2014 1:49:16 PM EDT
I was wondering what the group feels about the flat  trigger as appossed to the curved trigger. I have the CMC curved trgger in both my Colt LE6920  and Monolithic 6940. I am fixxin to pull the trigger  () on another CMC for my newly purchaced DD M4 V1. What is the idea behind the flat trigger????

Thanks Chance...
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested in this as well. I have the 3 - 3.5lb curved trigger and love it, I just wonder what the flat trigger feels like.

Supposedly the flat trigger makes trigger pull seem lighter.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the flat CMC. I like it and specifically how it is placed more forward than a curved. I have it paired with a magpul Miad and love how it feels. Not sure if I shoot any better but I like the feel
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm interested in this as well. I have the 3 - 3.5lb curved trigger and love it, I just wonder what the flat trigger feels like.

View Quote

Thats the information I am looking to receive. I will likely buy the flat mainly because I already have two curved and want to see what the deferance is.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the flat although I have no basis for comparison since all my curved triggers are milspec.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:13:58 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want to get the feel of a flat trigger without spending the money, take a standard trigger and fill up the bow with JB Weld.  When it's set, file and sand into the flat profile.  it's not an exact replica, but should be close enough for a test run.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my flat bow Geiselle Super Dynamic Combat trigger.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
It does make it feel a bit lighter, but the pull is inconsistent from my experience. Since you can pull the trigger anywhere on the face, and it takes a good bit of practice to get consistent finger placement on the face. Position your finger at the top and it feels heavier, position your finger on the bottom and it feels lighter. That inconsistency of trigger placement and pull weight feel is what lead me to selling my Geissele SD-C.

ETA: I practiced placing my finger lower on the face, and did not like the lighter perceived feel on my "combat type" AR15 setup. I went with an SSA and am very pleased. The saying if it ant broke dont fix really hit home with the curved vs flat bow trigger for me.YMMV.

ETA2: To be fair you could say that under stress in a HD situation you wont notice the trigger pull/placement inconsistencies of the flat bow so your just going to have to see for yourself.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It does make it feel a bit lighter, but the pull is inconsistent from my experience. Since you can pull the trigger anywhere on the face, and it takes a good bit of practice to get consistent finger placement on the face. Position your finger at the top and it feels heavier, position your finger on the bottom and it feels lighter. That inconsistency of trigger placement and pull weight feel is what lead me to selling my Geissele SD-C.    

ETA: I practiced placing my finger lower on the face, and did not like the lighter perceived feel on my "combat type" AR15 setup. I went with an SSA and am very pleased. The saying if it ant broke dont fix really hit home with the curved vs flat bow trigger for me.YMMV.

ETA2: To be fair you could say that under stress in a HD situation you wont notice the trigger pull/placement inconsistencies of the flat bow so your just going to have to see for yourself.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like this kind of info. I have never shot a flat trigger, but I do like that even on the curved trigger from CMC the trigger is wider then the stock mil spec trigger. It just feels better on the finger.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:03:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I like this kind of info. I have never shot a flat trigger, but I do like that even on the curved trigger from CMC the trigger is wider then the stock mil spec trigger. It just feels better on the finger.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

I hope it helped.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the replies.  I think I will stick with my curved trigger, it seems to work for me.  Didn't have my DD M4 V1 with me yesterday while stuck in Idaho, but I did have my Colt 6940 and my Jeep YJ.  Went wheeling and found thousands of these little varmints.  I took my Vortex Strikefire off and run open sights.  Approx 50yd shots; many conformed kills.  Here's one  

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top