Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2003 8:42:49 AM EDT
Just purchased a colt 16"HBar MT with removable carry handle. In the process of mounting a red dot for 3 gun. I have High rise quick release rings, 30 mm with 1" inserts, When I mount on the flat top rail, I have the fixed front site imposed in the center and a little above center of the optic.  When I mount on the carry handle, I clear but it is not a comfortable sight picture. Does anybody make a reasonable  mounting block I can put on the flat top to improve the picture.  Recommendations if any please. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#1]
If the front sight bothers you that much just get a PRI front sight.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a PR1 front site; how much of a problems is it to remove and replace the one installed on my AR? Also a source if you have one handy. Thanks for the feedback. TK
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#3]
PRI=Precision Reflex, the make the flip up front sight currently on the SPR use by our Spec Ops team.  This flip up front sight will required you to remove your existing gas block/front sight.  I am not too familiar with Colt designations, if your Colt is a pre-ban, just unscrew the flash hider, pop out the tappered pin for your front sight and the pin holding the gas tube, move the front sight and install the PRI sight.  PRI uses a allen screw instead of tappered pin so you might have to open the slot on your barrel.  other then that, it is pretty straight forward.  

For your reference, I have two PRI front sight, one on my SIR and other on my SPR.  

Check with Wes @ MSTN for PRI parts, he is man when it come to high speed gear for your Colt.

[url]www.mstn.biz[/url]

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.  TK
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top