Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2003 5:35:06 PM EDT
I'm interested in one of Shivak's 37mm M203's and wanted to know if they're legal in CA?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I may be wrong but i think they are aloowed if two conditions are met;

1)  It goes on a preban

2)  It is a legally registered Assualt Weapon.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#2]
NOPE! They are banned their too (like everything else).
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a FAB 10 CA legal AR-15(Not considered an Assault weapon) and the dealer that I got my lower from said that I could LEGALLY have one on my rifle, he also sells them.  You can get some additional information from him if you wish.  Heres his contact info.

L & G Weaponry
(714)840-3772
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a FAB 10 CA legal AR-15(Not considered an Assault weapon) and the dealer that I got my lower from said that I could LEGALLY have one on my rifle, he also sells them.  You can get some additional information from him if you wish.  Heres his contact info.

L & G Weaponry
(714)840-3772
View Quote

Because of the FAB's design, the launcher would interfere with the loading procedure.

ed; check out [url]37mm.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Can anybody cite the CA law which states the flare launcher is illegal?  I live in Cali, and while I consider the flare launcher useless, I still wonder why they would not be legal.

Thanks,
--Dan
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I ended up having an email discussion w/ Randy Shivak today and hes said the 37mm flare launchers are legal.  The problem is CA classifies both the 37mm and 40mm as DD's.  I didn't ask whether the acquisition process for both launchers are the same since one is considered a DD by the federal govt (unless you have certain types of lethal 37mm ammunition) and the other one only by a state.

He also said he has sold 40mm M203's and M79's to civilians in CA.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top