Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2003 8:31:28 PM EDT
RB Precision has just finished 3 new projects looking for opinions and suggestions, I will try to post the other two projects later in the week, would be interested in your views on the new laser marking of our uppers. We can also do custom lower marking but if there is not a market I don't want to waste the time, we have also tossed around the idea of serializing your uppers with the same #'s as the lowers (still checking into all the legalities) if my damn manufacturers license will ever get here we will be producing a complete rifle soon.
Thanks in advance (now where did I put those flame proof gloves?)
Robert
www.rbprecision.com

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
looks good...

any plans for an upper without the forward assist?

and maybe a southpaw version?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok I'll flame you!

I say flame on bro!

That's looks super!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
looks good...

any plans for an upper without the forward assist?

and maybe a southpaw version?
View Quote

I currently build on the DPMS southpaws, have done 8-10 and they run well, I can engrave any receiver out there I have done the low pros. I am currently working on a side charger, the ASA is a nice unit (friend has one I like the block at the rear charge handle area, very clean) I have some upgrades in mind...so many projects so little time!
Robert
[url]www.rbprecision.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I say flame on bro!
That's looks super!
View Quote

Thanks Spooge, PS I like the suppressor tag line! I would be laughing harder if it were not for Illinois pathetic gun/suppresor restriction. Have a friend at LRM teasing me with his awsome line of products.
Robert
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:43:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Robert,
Looks good.  Are you able to do CNC rotary engraving on lowers?  Or is all your engraving laser?

Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm curious, do you engrave after stripping the finish on a customer's upper, or just over existing finish?   Would it have to be refinished afterwards?

Numbered rails used to impress me, but my top rails are all covered up with BUIS's, Arms mounts, optics, etc. so you'd never see the numbers.   I never paid attention to them anyway, I mount stuff where it works for me.

I might go for a custom message as opposed to a serial number (I.E. Built for..., Presented to...In Memoriam of...)
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Robert,
Get yourself a HAAS 4 axis mill with a HRT210B rotary and go to town on free float tubes. I would like to see one with "flames" engraved. The possibility's are endless.

BTW looks great!

Samuel

Edit to ad a link for ya  www.haascnc.com
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Robert,
Looks good.  Are you able to do CNC rotary engraving on lowers?  Or is all your engraving laser?

View Quote

All laser at this time. Am investigating cnc with small ball engraving bit, Hass machine has the sofware to do it, would probably try it in the white, will post experiments.
Robert
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm curious, do you engrave after stripping the finish on a customer's upper, or just over existing finish?   Would it have to be refinished afterwards?

Numbered rails used to impress me, but my top rails are all covered up with BUIS's, Arms mounts, optics, etc. so you'd never see the numbers.   I never paid attention to them anyway, I mount stuff where it works for me.

I might go for a custom message as opposed to a serial number (I.E. Built for..., Presented to...In Memoriam of...)
View Quote

We engrave into the hard anodize, I see your point on covering the numbers. Would like to do a set for a club or shooting team. Thanks for the input!
Robert
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#10]
"Suit"
And I'm glad you like my side-cocker.  Might even get around to barreling it someday.  Never know, I might have to have it laser engraved first. :)
BTW:  Lee isn't teasing you...he just can't understand anyone voluntarily living in a state that doesn't allow select fire, suppressors, etc...
Sluggo
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"Suit"
And I'm glad you like my side-cocker.  Might even get around to barreling it someday.  Never know, I might have to have it laser engraved first. :)
Sluggo
View Quote

I only ask two things of you Sluggo, if I die first run like hell to my house and pay a fair price for my toys, Krista thinks they are all worth $100-200 apiece.
Second, you go first have the decency to put me in your will for the sidecocker, no wait, the JP shorty, no wait the Knights outfitted 20" no wait the benelli...better yet just write it up as "the left side of my safe"
[:)]
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Does PBP sell stripped lowers??  If so, which mfgr?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I wouldn't deal with ASA. It's hard to give away anything associated with ASA around here. Their reputation is that bad!
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ok I'll flame you!

I say flame on bro!

[red][b]That's looks super![/b][/red]
View Quote

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=18214[/img]

Edit: Damn it took a lot of work to get that pic to show up!
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does PBP sell stripped lowers??  If so, which mfgr?
View Quote

Yes, we sell Rock River Arms, we sell one for $98.00 shipped or three for 260.00!!!!!

We have many in stock and ship the same day the FFL arrives, we provide tracking numbers and confirmation emails.
Thank you
Robert and Krista
[url]www.rbprecision.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok I'll flame you!

I say flame on bro!

View Quote

[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=18174[/url]
View Quote

Wanna try that again?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:24:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Just one suggestion regarding the engraving and the anodizing/dyeing:

Engrave before anodizing. Anodize, and then before the dyeing stage, Fill the engraving with the sealant silicone used in electronics assembly processing which is used to keep solder out of connector during wave soldering processes, or something else that seals and can be removed later. After dyeing, remove the sealant from the engraving and you now have a full anodize coat on everything but it's not dyed in the engraving.

Run a test on a scrap first to see how well it works.

CJ
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok I'll flame you!

I say flame on bro!

View Quote

[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=18174[/url]
View Quote

Wanna try that again?
View Quote

Sorry.... I hate the new photoserver we have here.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Robert,
If I put you in my will, it'll have to be for something challenging to you, like my NEF 12-gauge.  You'ld have to work hard to create some kind of gadget to fit it...maybe a quad rail forearm or AR stock adaptor.  Put the fear of god into liberals with a black stocked, quad railed, pistol gripped, single shot assault shotgun.
Later.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok I'll flame you!

I say flame on bro!

View Quote

[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=18214[/url]

Edit: Damn it took a lot of work to get that pic to show up!
View Quote

[LOL]

Exactly, you super stud!

[LOL]

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just one suggestion regarding the engraving and the anodizing/dyeing:

Engrave before anodizing. Anodize, and then before the dyeing stage, Fill the engraving with the sealant silicone used in electronics assembly processing which is used to keep solder out of connector during wave soldering processes, or something else that seals and can be removed later. After dyeing, remove the sealant from the engraving and you now have a full anodize coat on everything but it's not dyed in the engraving.

Run a test on a scrap first to see how well it works.

CJ
View Quote

This is interesting, I have done work with the sealant (conformal coat) for electronics, I am working on a rail with a battery pack, the rail has contact strips to power whatever slides on the rail.....I will have to ponder your idea, I actually think it might work.......
Robert
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Robert,
just to clarify, your upper is not gay.
Just making fun of my reply, I love a good laugh at myself!
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Robert,
View Quote

What he said... Big Gay Al in no way endorses the aformentioned upper. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Robert,
View Quote

No Problem, I was worried the debute of my pink A2 with floral pattern might receive some
negative reviews[;)]
Robert
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:47:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

After finishing, the "addresses" on the aluminum RIS/RAS parts are lasered in.  This process only changes the color of the die that is making the anodize black in color, or whatever.  The hardcoat anodize plating remains and protection remains.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top