Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 4:44:45 PM EDT
If I grind out one side of the indexing notch on the upper receiver, whats the best way to keep the barrel over on that side to correct the crooked FSB?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Use a file to trim the side you need too. Once the barrel is where you want it, before you install the barrel nut you want to use a flat punch and peen the oposit side down , kinda smoosh it. Be carefull not to damage the threads too bad but it will hold the barrel where you want it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're moving that barrel too much, make sure your bolt still slides properly into the barrel extension.  At extremes moves, you can actually have your bolt hit the extension.  How far that is, I don't know, but it is possible.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 12:53:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you're moving that barrel too much, make sure your bolt still slides properly into the barrel extension.  At extremes moves, you can actually have your bolt hit the extension.  How far that is, I don't know, but it is possible.

I dont think its that far out of wack but its enuff to notice.  I need to grind out a litttle of the notch  but i;m not sure how to keep it over there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top