Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 4:14:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/14/2004 5:18:58 AM EST by I_H_R]
Hello everyone, I thought I would join and finally introduce myself. I have been lurking on this excellent forum for nearly a year now. I have gained tons of knowledge from you guys. I have decided to finally celebrate the death of the ban by building my first AR. I have already ordered an Ameetec Arms Lower. I want to put a collapsable stock on it, obviously, and was wondering what your opinions were of the Ace Socom. I have not read much about it. I have it narrowed down to the Ace, a Vltor and a RRA 6-position. What's your vote. Also, are there any recomendations on who I should order an M4 barrel from? I realy like the fluted M4. I want to match my lower with an Ameetec A3 T-rail upper and mount an Aimpoint Comp M2. Any suggestions for my first build would by much appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:52:42 PM EST
The ace is spendy, but solid as a rock. It is hardcore aluminum and has no rattle or give - I love it - it's part of my next build
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:12:33 PM EST
Welcome and hope you have fun here and with your AR.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:59:02 PM EST
Thanks for the replies.

I currently only have one AR. It's a Bushy A2 20" HBAR. So I guess I am catching the black rifle fever and need many more. So I'll start with an M4 then decide what else I need after I finish this build.

I'm sure I will have plenty of newbie questions with this first build.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:51:49 PM EST
I would get the RRA stock, there are better areas to spend the money...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:47:01 PM EST
I'm using the Ace Socom on my build. It's supposedly strong as all hell, good for battering in doors and skulls and such.
Top Top