Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 5:14:07 PM EDT
Hello everyone, I thought I would join and finally introduce myself.  I have been lurking on this excellent forum for nearly a year now.  I have gained tons of knowledge from you guys.  I have decided to finally celebrate the death of the ban by building my first AR.  I have already ordered an Ameetec Arms Lower.  I want to put a collapsable stock on it, obviously, and was wondering what your opinions were of the Ace Socom.  I have not read much about it.  I have it narrowed down to the Ace, a Vltor and a RRA 6-position.  What's your vote.  Also, are there any recomendations on who I should order an M4 barrel from?  I realy like the fluted M4.  I want to match my lower with an Ameetec A3 T-rail upper and mount an Aimpoint Comp M2.  Any suggestions for my first build would by much appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The ace is spendy, but solid as a rock.  It is hardcore aluminum and has no rattle or give - I love it - it's part of my next build
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome and hope you have fun here and with your AR.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.  

I currently only have one AR.  It's a Bushy A2 20" HBAR.  So I guess I am catching the black rifle fever and need many more.  So I'll start with an M4 then decide what else I need after I finish this build.

I'm sure I will have plenty of newbie questions with this first build.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I would get the RRA stock, there are better areas to spend the money...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm using the Ace Socom on my build.  It's supposedly strong as all hell, good for battering in doors and skulls and such.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top