Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2003 3:04:14 PM EDT
Just received my first order from Eric @ Ammoman.com. I'm impressed by the very quick shipping, I order 1K 223 Wednesday 10pm, it arrived today (Friday).

I had bought some of this Federal AE 50gr hp ammo from ammoman at the upper marlboro gunshow a few months ago, I hope this shipment I just got shoots as good as the last lot - it shoots well under moa out of my Colt barrels.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a friend who swears by this ammo and it's also very accurate in his rifle. For those seeking an accurate load at a low price, this stuff is hard to beat.

While I have never tested this round for penetration or fragmentation, this buddy of mine has used it to take everything from varmints to deer and he also keeps it loaded for self defense in his 16" barrel AR. He says it's the best .223 ammo he has had. While I keep telling him that this load likely is an underpenetrator, none of the deer he has ever shot with it seem to notice. I'd like to whip up a batch of gel sometime and test this stuff out just to confirm or disprove my beliefs. Based on the performance of similar loads though I would have to say he was lucky on his deer shots, getting straight in, un-angled looks. Has anyone here tested or seen credible gel tests with this round? If so what are the numbers for penetration and fragmentation?

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure it would be my first choice for deer but it has been super accurate. The jacket must be fairly thick as the 1-7 Colt barrels are getting great results.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Very accurate ammo. My favorite for plinking and varminting.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top