Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2007 2:01:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2007 2:02:45 PM EDT by Electronrider]
When I was assembling the buffer tube to the lower receiver, I ran in to ( what I think) is a problem. There is a notch in the buffer tube that the buffer tube pin fits into. However, when I turn it in enough for the pin to fit into that notch, there is about a 16th of an inch overhang, and I am unable to close the upper on to the lower. Suggestions on whether to leave it like that ( with it backed out enough to close, but not have the pin seated into the notch), or to file away a little bit of the tube so that the pin seats into that notch.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:24:36 PM EDT
There shouldn't be any tube over lapping into the receiver. Screw the receive extension (buffer tube) in far enough to keep the buffer detent secured in place w/out over lapping from the tube. Your upper should be able to close w/out issue if this is done. If the tube's screwed too far inward the buffer detent prolly won't be able to move up & down. It doesn't take a lot of over lap to keep the detent securely in place. Pics of your situation would be nice if you can post them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:28:43 PM EDT
I will get some pics up in an hour or so. Thanks!
Top Top