Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 10:19:47 AM EDT
Spikes lower
RRA LPK
Spikes 6 position standard M4 stock
Magpul ASAP sling plate

Was gonna use a Spikes LPK but after I got the Mag catch in I realized that I didn't have a pivot pin. After going through the parts I found that I had two take down pins and 3 takedown springs and detents. Called Spikes this morning, they are shipping out a pivot pin. Said they had a new guy packaging LPKs for a while and this didn't sound like the first time

The movie

The parts (Spikes, not the RRA)

With a DPMS for testing, fit was good, finishes were much different. DPMS does have a nice finish.

Good times
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#1]
First?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
First?

Yeah, I've been collecting tools and parts for a while. All I need is a pivot pin and a stock for lower number 2. Lower number 3 needs a LPK and stock. Just not sure what I want to do with it?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Don`t use that vise for any barrel changes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]
The first build,,, what about that rifle sitting on top of the black seat (bottom right corner)?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The first build,,, what about that rifle sitting on top of the black seat (bottom right corner)?

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz7/serinobw/SDC10473.jpg

That's where the upper came from. A stock DPMS, on the chair you can't see is another DPMS (my brother's, just to check my work .

Oh and the vise is good for little stuff, not heavy wrenching.

I shot it today with the DPMS upper, wow. The ST-T2 buffer is awesome. Huge difference over the buffer in the DPMS. 60 rounds and solid as can be. Nailing 20 oz bottles of water at 100 yards. The RRA trigger is a touch nicer then the DPMS. My DPMS has a pretty good trigger not much slack, kinda heavy. The RRA is more crisp and less slack, I like.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top