Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2003 8:26:26 AM EDT
Been lurking here for quite a while.

Just finished my first build (no scope or rings in this shot).  All parts are new.

http://rjo.homeip.net/firearms/ar15.jpg

Total Investment (this far): $713
DPMS Lower $255
RRA 20 Varmint Upper $441
Rings $17
Scope $0  (Old bushnell 3-9)

Thanks for all the information you guys and gals provide!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:41:24 AM EDT
[#1]
LOOKS GOOD!

my next project will be a varmit rig.  as soon as i finish all of the other projects i got going.....

now, GO SHOOT IT!!  and tell us how it does.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice looking rifle!  I'm jealous.  I ordered a RA Varmint upper several weeks ago and I'm told it will probably be another month before its in my hands.  Where did you get yours for $441?

I'd be interested in how it shoots for ya.  I built a RRA lower for mine.  The lower, a Harris bipod and a new Nikon Monarch UCC 4-12x40 scope are sitting in the safe waiting patiently.

Any thoughts on the type of ammo you plan on using?  I was considering trying some Black Hills 77-grain, but haven't really decided.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Scored the upper on eBay from one of the RRA dealers that frequent this site....

Not sure if I should divulge the name, since they would probably get hammered with requests.

FYI, I have seen new DPMS 20 & 24 inch varmint uppers on ebay that sell around the $400 range.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#4]
That's cool.  The reason I asked is that is exactly the amount I paid for mine.  $441.  I got mine through a dealer friend.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it's in the rules of conduct that if you title a thread "New Rifle Done" or "First Build Complete" etc., you have to post pics.

If not it should be.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice looking rifle! EBay is a great thing. I got my RRA M4gery from there too.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top